Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

No not an AA issue. Hopefully issues get resolved shortly. Starting to appear to me like it’s going to soft open a lot later than I was hoping though... unfortunately.

Fingers crossed it’s resolved fast! (And furious.)
Just nod your head and look all-knowing as I say "motion base" :lol:

As with nearly all of Universal’s attractions, the new Florida ride, which is set to open in the spring, will be loud, thrilling, highly immersive, in-your-face, and, well, fast and furious.

It will be similar to the Fast & Furious – Supercharged experience that is the finale of the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood. As in California, the Florida version will hijack a bunch of unwitting people (that’d be the park visitors) for a high-speed, F&F-style chase. How high-speed? We’re talking a tire-screeching, fishtailing, hyperventilating 120 mph—or at least the illusion of 120 mph.

The seemingly turbocharged attraction will anchor ride vehicles to a motion simulator base and sync it to 3D footage projected onto a wraparound screen in what is known as an “immersion tunnel.” The vehicles won’t actually move forward an inch, but passengers are going to feel a wild rush of acceleration, speed, and out-of-control action.

Although Hollywood’s F&F ride opened a mere three years ago, the tricks of the theme park trade have evolved, and the Orlando attraction will incorporate today’s “bleeding-edge technology,” according to Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative. Compared to the first Supercharged ride, the new one will feature better imagery thanks to brighter projectors, a higher frame rate, and higher resolution. Combined with an enhanced motion base, this F&F will deliver an experience with more realism and an “incredible dynamic range,” adds Coup. “We already defined what immersion could be in a theme park attraction. But we keep moving it to a higher level. This will be a big jump.”

Before it transported visitors to Dom Toretto’s world of fast cars and espionage, Universal used immersion tunnel technology to deliver them to Skull Island, the home of King Kong. As with F&F, the encounter with the giant ape is part of the Studio Tour in Hollywood and uses the tour’s iconic trams as ride vehicles. When Universal brought Kong to Orlando in 2016, it gave the big galoot his own standalone attraction and developed custom vehicles. Similarly, F&F at Universal Studios Florida will be an autonomous ride and will use specially designed vehicles. In this case, guests will be invited to board “party buses.”

According to Coup, the ride itself will span over four minutes compared to Hollywood’s 90-second experience. It will include additional scenes as well as some practical sets not found in California. F&F will occupy the former show building that housed Universal’s Disaster attraction (and was used for a ride based on Earthquake before that). It will extend a couple of blocks by also co-opting an adjacent outdoor stage area that the park used for a Beetlejuice show. “It’s massive,” Coup says of the attraction’s footprint. “We really want to deliver on the scale of the action and the scale of the films.”

Located in the San Francisco section of Universal Studios Florida, the ride’s locale will shift from L.A. to the hilly city by the Bay. Virtually all of the movies’ major characters, including Vin Diesel’s Dom and Dwayne Johnson’ Hobbs will be represented. Tej, played by Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, and Jordana Brewster’s Mia will be added in to the mix in Orlando.
kvue.com | Universal Studios parks get faster, more furious this summer
This was missed, but thanks for posting....They did mention 3-D in this...So perhaps that rumor was untrue

And "Bleeding edge technology"? C'mon Theirry

This was missed, but thanks for posting....They did mention 3-D in this...So perhaps that rumor was untrue

And "Bleeding edge technology"? C'mon Theirry
It may have been assumed by the author based on the Hollywood version? The 3D part isn’t a quote from Theirry is it?

I’m still unsure myself actually, but I’m feeling like the rumors are true. Still not yet #Confirmed though!

No not an AA issue. Hopefully issues get resolved shortly. Starting to appear to me like it’s going to soft open a lot later than I was hoping though... unfortunately.

Fingers crossed it’s resolved fast! (And furious.)

I was just kidding, I don’t know the series, no clue what would be an AA on a five like this.

Just nod your head and look all-knowing as I say "motion base" :lol:

That would be my guess....

“We already defined what immersion could be in a theme park attraction. But we keep moving it to a higher level. This will be a big jump.”

“It’s massive,” Coup says of the attraction’s footprint. “We really want to deliver on the scale of the action and the scale of the films.”

tumblr_mh3csncDED1rodkw5o3_500.gif

As with nearly all of Universal’s attractions, the new Florida ride, which is set to open in the spring, will be loud, thrilling, highly immersive, in-your-face, and, well, fast and furious.

It will be similar to the Fast & Furious – Supercharged experience that is the finale of the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood. As in California, the Florida version will hijack a bunch of unwitting people (that’d be the park visitors) for a high-speed, F&F-style chase. How high-speed? We’re talking a tire-screeching, fishtailing, hyperventilating 120 mph—or at least the illusion of 120 mph.

The seemingly turbocharged attraction will anchor ride vehicles to a motion simulator base and sync it to 3D footage projected onto a wraparound screen in what is known as an “immersion tunnel.” The vehicles won’t actually move forward an inch, but passengers are going to feel a wild rush of acceleration, speed, and out-of-control action.

Although Hollywood’s F&F ride opened a mere three years ago, the tricks of the theme park trade have evolved, and the Orlando attraction will incorporate today’s “bleeding-edge technology,” according to Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative. Compared to the first Supercharged ride, the new one will feature better imagery thanks to brighter projectors, a higher frame rate, and higher resolution. Combined with an enhanced motion base, this F&F will deliver an experience with more realism and an “incredible dynamic range,” adds Coup. “We already defined what immersion could be in a theme park attraction. But we keep moving it to a higher level. This will be a big jump.”

Before it transported visitors to Dom Toretto’s world of fast cars and espionage, Universal used immersion tunnel technology to deliver them to Skull Island, the home of King Kong. As with F&F, the encounter with the giant ape is part of the Studio Tour in Hollywood and uses the tour’s iconic trams as ride vehicles. When Universal brought Kong to Orlando in 2016, it gave the big galoot his own standalone attraction and developed custom vehicles. Similarly, F&F at Universal Studios Florida will be an autonomous ride and will use specially designed vehicles. In this case, guests will be invited to board “party buses.”

According to Coup, the ride itself will span over four minutes compared to Hollywood’s 90-second experience. It will include additional scenes as well as some practical sets not found in California. F&F will occupy the former show building that housed Universal’s Disaster attraction (and was used for a ride based on Earthquake before that). It will extend a couple of blocks by also co-opting an adjacent outdoor stage area that the park used for a Beetlejuice show. “It’s massive,” Coup says of the attraction’s footprint. “We really want to deliver on the scale of the action and the scale of the films.”

Located in the San Francisco section of Universal Studios Florida, the ride’s locale will shift from L.A. to the hilly city by the Bay. Virtually all of the movies’ major characters, including Vin Diesel’s Dom and Dwayne Johnson’ Hobbs will be represented. Tej, played by Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, and Jordana Brewster’s Mia will be added in to the mix in Orlando.
kvue.com | Universal Studios parks get faster, more furious this summer

My huge issue with this current era of screen based rides is that Universal just don't get why people are fed up with it.

The Orlando attraction will incorporate today’s “bleeding-edge technology,” according to Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative. Compared to the first Supercharged ride, the new one will feature better imagery thanks to brighter projectors, a higher frame rate, and higher resolution. Combined with an enhanced motion base, this F&F will deliver an experience with more realism and an “incredible dynamic range,” adds Coup.

People are not complaining about low res, slow frame rate, dark screens or lack of dynamic range (This also suggests that it will be the same turd graphics used before but at least it will be brightly projected at a high frame rate).

My huge issue with this current era of screen based rides is that Universal just don't get why people are fed up with it.

The Orlando attraction will incorporate today’s “bleeding-edge technology,” according to Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative. Compared to the first Supercharged ride, the new one will feature better imagery thanks to brighter projectors, a higher frame rate, and higher resolution. Combined with an enhanced motion base, this F&F will deliver an experience with more realism and an “incredible dynamic range,” adds Coup.

People are not complaining about low res, slow frame rate, dark screens or lack of dynamic range (This also suggests that it will be the same turd graphics used before but at least it will be brightly projected at a high frame rate).
I think they 'Get It' but don't care especially if the bread continues to come in at the rate it is.

Bleeding Edge
Motion Base
Simulated Speed
Virtual Queue
Whole Cast
Frame Rate
Projection
Cutting Edge
Virtual Queue
Party Buses
Virtual Queue
High Tech
Virtual Queue
Family
Virtual Queue

Free custom bingo card generator - myfreebingocards.com

I'll make 25 words when I get home from work.

I'm also looking forward to the video of Mark Woodbury acting like a superfan of franchise as if every date night in the Woodbury household involves cars and a tank top wearing Vin Diesel.

Haven’t been in here in a while, is there any rumored opening date for this yet other then “spring”?
Softs?

Haven’t been in here in a while, is there any rumored opening date for this yet other then “spring”?
Softs?
Team member previews have been pushed back a few times now. We won’t see softs until after that. So we still got several weeks minimum from now before we see any general public riding. Still hoping by end of April personally. We shall see though.