Fast Pass + Question | Inside Universal Forums

Fast Pass + Question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ash

Mar 10, 2013
Hi all, in 30 days it will be my first time visiting WDW since FP+ started (and gosh I hate the idea of it). This trip will be literally my 30th to MK but my fiancées first ever .. It is also her 30th birthday so I want to make it special.

So, you get 3 FP+ at a time. I was planning on using one for 7DMT one for Space mountain and the other for wishes.
The reason for using one for wishes was because I know she will love it and I want her to get a good view for her first ever Disney fireworks experience.

My question is do I book the wishes FP+ right away... Which will mean we have one less fast pass for the whole day or should I book this fast pass for a ride and then once I've used a fast pass in the park get another for wishes later.

How does one even get a fast pass for wishes in the park do they have machines in the hub or something? And will there be any left?
I also recently heard people having trouble by not having a fast pass for Fantasmic so should I also book a FP for this when at DHS?

Hi all, in 30 days it will be my first time visiting WDW since FP+ started (and gosh I hate the idea of it). This trip will be literally my 30th to MK but my fiancées first ever .. It is also her 30th birthday so I want to make it special.

So, you get 3 FP+ at a time. I was planning on using one for 7DMT one for Space mountain and the other for wishes.
The reason for using one for wishes was because I know she will love it and I want her to get a good view for her first ever Disney fireworks experience.

My question is do I book the wishes FP+ right away... Which will mean we have one less fast pass for the whole day or should I book this fast pass for a ride and then once I've used a fast pass in the park get another for wishes later.

How does one even get a fast pass for wishes in the park do they have machines in the hub or something? And will there be any left?
I also recently heard people having trouble by not having a fast pass for Fantasmic so should I also book a FP for this when at DHS?

I've used the system a few times with decent luck but have heard the horror stories. You probably want to book your FP+ as soon as possible because the bigger ones tend to book up fast and you might not be able to get the day of like for 7DMT for example. I did have decent luck with getting some last min but the times were not the most ideal for my situation but we made them work. There is an app you can download so you can make changes on the fly while in the park from your phone. We changed a few and had a hiccup since i was changing 1 fp+ for a group of us but figured it out after a few min of fiddling with the app.

FP+ is available for Wishes and made just like any other one. Im not sure hwo much wishes FP fills up so if its something you want id say make it to be safe.

You can get a FP+ for Fantasmic if you want a guaranteed spot without having to camp out an hour + to get a spot but im sure even those with FP+ are still camping out to get a good spot.

Yeah, I was hoping to use my first 3 fast passes on regular rides then if possible after we've used the first one getting one for wishes.
I just wasn't sure how likely or easy it would be to get a wishes fast pass on the day. But that's cool we can use the app... But kind of a shame I don't want to be on my phone on vacation!

Unfortunately, the chances of getting a same-day FP+ for wishes is very small. Unlike the attractions, which have a rolling hourly allotment of FP+ slots available, Wishes has a finite number of slots for its single show time, so it fills up much quicker.

I looked at FP+ Availability for Wishes at 60 days out, (we go in 3.5 weeks), couldn't get anything using my AP for anytime in the immediate 30, or the following 30 days.

Do let us know if you have luck getting it! If you don't, I think that the new Hub work should help out with viewing in general.

I wouldn't waste one of your fastpasses on Wishes. Save it for a ride. You should be able to see it good without using a fastpass for it. :thumbs:

I did look 60 days out to book wishes but it wouldn't let me. There's only two of us so maybe we'll risk it and squeeze into a good spot on the night.
Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it.

So my experience with FP+ has not been a positive one.

I start work early so on the first day possible I tried to book 7DMT Space Mountain and Peter Pan first thing in the morning (UK time). All were available luckily but Space and 7DMT were only available when MSEP and Wishes were on and I obviously want to see both of those. I assumed that it would let me pick a rough time but it didn't it just allocated these times... and the times sucked.

After playing about with it a bit I managed to get a reasonable time for Space and Peter Pan but 7DMT was still only available when Wishes would be on. I know wishes is only like 20 minutes but there's the projections on the castle before and obviously you have to allow time to get a good spot.
So despite getting online early on the first day possible I was still unable to book the 7DMT.

Then today I go to book our DHS FP+
I wanted TOT, RnR coaster and TSMM... however these are in two classes and you can only pick one of class one and two of class two. Class one FP has TSMM and RnR Coaster in so you can only book one of these.

I can't believe what a bad experience we've had with it. I love Disney and MK probably is still my favourite park. but this really sucks.
I don't want to have to worry about where we are all day in case we miss a fast pass. This structure and pre-planning/booking is not what our vacation should be about. Yes, I don't have to use FP+ but we all know that if I don't no good Fps will be available on the day and if I just don't use Fast passes I will spend most of the day in lines.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Does anyone actually think FP+ is a good idea?

I've not had major issues getting what I want except Wishes and FoF but we've decided it's not worth it, we usually just find a spot.

Also, in December we found that we ended up changing times or rides as we were in the parks, after being able to jump on standby for a ride we already had a FP for, and then choosing something else.

At DHS we used our first 3 FPs quickly then snagged new ones for another Tier 1 ride.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I really think it's a bad idea.
I called Disney and they told me that ALL 7DMT Fast passes have gone... it's still 26 days till we go... how is that possible? How do people not as clued up as us cope?

I called Disney and they told me that ALL 7DMT Fast passes have gone... it's still 26 days till we go... how is that possible? How do people not as clued up as us cope?

7DMT is the hot new ride so expect to sell out fast. As far as those who don't plan ahead . . . Those people are AOL sadly. Your best bet is to rope drop and head straight to 7DMT

Ah you are at 26 days, a lot would have gone at 60 days, and a ton of others at 30 days

who gets to do it at 60 days? I checked at 60 it wouldn't let me (we're at our house so off property). I booked our FP's at 30 days and had none left there's 26 days left as of today... if that makes sense.

I think we will try to rope drop but I've looked on the disney app and even at rope drop the line is 70 minutes from people getting in early for EMH which we won;t have as we have a house in Davenport.

who gets to do it at 60 days? I checked at 60 it wouldn't let me (we're at our house so off property). I booked our FP's at 30 days and had none left there's 26 days left as of today... if that makes sense.

I think we will try to rope drop but I've looked on the disney app and even at rope drop the line is 70 minutes from people getting in early for EMH which we won;t have as we have a house in Davenport.

I think resort guest get first crack at them in advance like they do with ADR

ADR stands for Advance Dining Reservations. Me and my wife recently went to Epcot and it was a last minute trip. I wasn't able to get my choice either for fastpass plus, but it turned out fine. I knew ahead of time that Test Track and Soarin were both tier 1, so I knew I'd have to choose only one of them. And so we chose Soarin. We didn't get to choose what time we wanted for Soarin, we just took what it gave us. And it wasn't that big of a deal. We just planned to hit Test Track first thing because we knew that was the one we didn't have a fastpass for. We didn't have a fastpass for Illuminations. We didn't need it. We just picked a spot about 30 minutes beforehand and we could see just great. :smiley: My best suggestion for you is to not freak out about it and just go and have fun and don't sweat the small stuff. Otherwise you'll make yourself miserable and your trip won't be as fun.

This system is terrible. It favors only people who stay on property and can afford more premium prices rather than giving everyone a fair shot. It also makes attractions that you never needed a fastpass for before have a longer wait times.

Ok, so I have a question...

on our last day we were hoping to go MK and Epcot split. MK in the AM Epcot in the PM.
FP+ won't allow me to book fast passes split between parks... We wanted a FP for Soarin' and Test Track but as these are both tier one we can only book one... If I were to do this I would book Soarin'.

However this seems a waste of 2 Fast passes we could be using... so I'm considering just booking 3 FP+'s for MK in the AM and just seeing what happens when we get to Epcot in the PM.

Would you recommend I do this or book the Soarin' one for when we're in Epcot... bearing in mind the half day at MK will be our 2nd MK visit that trip Epcot will be our first.

thanks again guys. You've all been very helpful.

Ok, so I have a question...

on our last day we were hoping to go MK and Epcot split. MK in the AM Epcot in the PM.
FP+ won't allow me to book fast passes split between parks... We wanted a FP for Soarin' and Test Track but as these are both tier one we can only book one... If I were to do this I would book Soarin'.

However this seems a waste of 2 Fast passes we could be using... so I'm considering just booking 3 FP+'s for MK in the AM and just seeing what happens when we get to Epcot in the PM.

Would you recommend I do this or book the Soarin' one for when we're in Epcot... bearing in mind the half day at MK will be our 2nd MK visit that trip Epcot will be our first.

thanks again guys. You've all been very helpful.

I'd book them at Epcot. You can easily get the headliners done at MK by noon without FP.