Fast X | Inside Universal Forums

Fast X

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeventyOne

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Saw it in IMAX. At this point, you know what you're getting, but I thought it delivered that well. While still ridiculous, nothing as over the top as the last two movies (thinking the cars all being controlled or going into space). A slightly more grounded unrealism.

No real spoilers but ...
Jason Momoa steals every scene playing Kaiser Soze by way of the Joker. I know the talk has been all Lobo, but seriously, but for his hulking physique he'd be great as the latter. Speaking of big dudes, "Jack Reacher" is far better here than he was on that show. Would be a star turn if not for Momoa taking the spotlight.

I swear every actor to ever appear in a F&F film except Luke Evans gets a cameo or at least a shout-out in this. (Don't know what he did to piss Diesel off.) It's overstuffed, and it feels overstuffed, but so breezy you just go with it.

I will say Diesel showing his age like Roger Moore around Octopussy, picking the right time to wrap this up (while also not so subtly setting up the next generation).

Reactions: Mad Dog and Clive
Saw it in IMAX. At this point, you know what you're getting, but I thought it delivered that well. While still ridiculous, nothing as over the top as the last two movies (thinking the cars all being controlled or going into space). A slightly more grounded unrealism.

No real spoilers but ...
Jason Momoa steals every scene playing Kaiser Soze by way of the Joker. I know the talk has been all Lobo, but seriously, but for his hulking physique he'd be great as the latter. Speaking of big dudes, "Jack Reacher" is far better here than he was on that show. Would be a star turn if not for Momoa taking the spotlight.

I swear every actor to ever appear in a F&F film except Luke Evans gets a cameo or at least a shout-out in this. (Don't know what he did to piss Diesel off.) It's overstuffed, and it feels overstuffed, but so breezy you just go with it.

I will say Diesel showing his age like Roger Moore around Octopussy, picking the right time to wrap this up (while also not so subtly setting up the next generation).
If they are going to set up a new generation of the Fast family, maybe this will involve Brian and Mia's children or something in that direction?

If they are going to set up a new generation of the Fast family, maybe this will involve Brian and Mia's children or something in that direction?
I won't spoil it, but there's a new 20-something character who basically sets up their own spinoff sequel. Tho given how fast and loose these films play with science, maybe the kids will be recast and in it as well.