Fastpass changes coming... | Inside Universal Forums

Fastpass changes coming...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually thinking about it, keeping it free for so long was probably a good idea on their part.

Get the masses used to using it so it then becomes a must have for them on every trip, then bang the $$$s on it, smart, annoying, but smart.

I have to wonder if they are getting ready to roll out a queue-less line system to certain attractions as a way to help manage crowds in preparation for Star Wars. They KNOW that crowd management will be a huge problem for Star Wars and must be working on ideas for handling the crowds. They learned some things from the rollout of Pandora this year and watched what worked (and didn't) for Universal when Harry Potter opened.

I also think that pay to cut is on its way. They still need to recoup all that money they spent on Magic Bands and I don't think they're seeing the RoI as much as they hoped. Charging for Fast Pass is an easy way to make that deficit up.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I have to wonder if they are getting ready to roll out a queue-less line system to certain attractions as a way to help manage crowds in preparation for Star Wars. They KNOW that crowd management will be a huge problem for Star Wars and must be working on ideas for handling the crowds. They learned some things from the rollout of Pandora this year and watched what worked (and didn't) for Universal when Harry Potter opened.

I also think that pay to cut is on its way. They still need to recoup all that money they spent on Magic Bands and I don't think they're seeing the RoI as much as they hoped. Charging for Fast Pass is an easy way to make that deficit up.
and the Max Pass popularity at Disney resort was an astounding success. Multiple times the demand they expected and Mice Chat says there's large cost increases on the way since the demand is so high.

Last edited:
and the Max Pass popularity a Disney resort was an astounding success. Multiple times the demand they expected and Mice Chat says there's large cost increases on the way since the demand is so high.

Yeah, as much as they keep adding upcharge events and services for the "1%ers" so to speak, it's a no brainer that they'd monetize the FP system like every other park in the country.

Reactions: Mad Dog