Favorite Animal Kingdom Attractions | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Animal Kingdom Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite AK Attractions

• It's Tough To Be A Bug

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Dinosaur/Countdown To Extinction

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • Festival of The Lion King

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Rafiki's Planet Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Flights of Wonder

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The Boneyard

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Finding Nemo-The Musical

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Triceratops Spin

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Cretaceous Trail

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tree Of Life

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
Which ones are your favorites?

sorry about the multiple Fav attractions polls in the other threads, I'd just like to know which are the most favorite attractions in all of WDW. Thank you all for voting.

Definitely Expedition Everest. Just a fun ride overall and I have some memories on it that make me enjoy it even more.

Second would probably be Dinosaur. In my opinion, easily the most intense ride in Orlando.

Which Animal exhibit trail is located in Africa? I went to Animal Kingdom over spring break. After riding Kilimanjaro Safaris (we got really lucky and got some really close encounters), we went on the trail nearby. When viewing the Gorilla habitat, we had quite the actor strolling by the glass and interacting with us. Then, a mother gorilla actually brought out and showed us her baby! It was magical. Before that day, my two-year-old nephew could really only say a few phrases. After that wonderful visit to Animal Kingdom, he literally started talking more than he'd ever talked in his life and forming sentences.*

I just can't quit you, Disney. You make it hard for me to root for the underdog, Universal.

*there was a downside, though. He could now convey his disappointment in many ways -- which he did (loudly) once he realized we were not going back the next day.

Last edited:
The trail in Africa is the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. It's a great walkthrough for sure. Thats a pretty funny story about your nephew lol.

In order,

Everest
Dinosaur
Nemo Musical
Safari
Tough to be a Bug
Primeval Whirl
Festival of the Lion King
Jungle Trek

I love Everest, Safaris, Festival of the Lion King, Rapids, and I agree that Dinosar is the most intense ride in Orlando, both on my back and neck and in theme.

^You're honestly telling me that rides like Everest and Dinosaur are not quality rides?

Besides Dinosaur, I LOVE Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. They always bring back such fond memories for me.

^ I have VERY high expectations for rides. Those rides are decent but dont bring me back very often to ride. Everest was fun at first but after 3 or 4 rides i lost interest.

I actually prefer Dinosaur over Everest. Everest is a really great ride, but Dinosaur is so much more intense and exciting to me.
And the fact that you only get to see the Yeti once (And rather quickly) really disappointed me back when it first opened.

1. Kilimanjaro Safaris - Very unique experience and an attraction that actually last longer than 2 minutes.
2. It's tough to be a bug

After my last visit to Animal Kingdom in April, I'm sad to say that these are the only rides in the park that I feel are worth seeing.

Dinosaur, in it's current state is just so run down that it cracks me up every time I ride it.

Everest is way to short. To much mountain, not enough ride. And poor Yeti...

I've never rode Kali so I can't comment on that.

Primeval Whirl is what it is. Nothing special or enjoyable for that matter.