Favorite/Least Favorite IOA Attraction | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite/Least Favorite IOA Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sledge

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
There is a thread for each park on this.

What are you favorite and least favorite attractions at Islands of Adventure?

Favorite:
Either Spider-Man or Popeye. Spider-Man still amazes me after all these times. Popeye is just plain fun. The best thing about these rides is how you get to bonding with total strangers and laughing at each other. Popeye is by far the best raft ride out there.

Least Favorite:
High In The Sky Trolley was funny when it opened because they made it seem like it would be a great new addition. Uh... :zzz:

HITSSTTR? Let's just call it High in the Sky from now on, that's a pretty long acronym. My favorites are Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, and the River Adventure.
Not so much: Waiting in line (or attempting to for about 30 minutes) for Pteranadon Flyers

Favorite Attraction: The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man
Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Popeye are close

Least Favorite Attraction: I've never seen Sinbad, but the current Poisiden's Adventure is pretty bad. The original show was decent and better. The queue still is fantastic.

I love the park, but it isn't what it was in 1999. And I can't believe nothing worthwhile has been added since opening. Harry Potter will change all of that, but it doesn't interest me personally. At least they are finally getting off their butt and doing something else there. I haven't been in a couple of years.

for all of you that say that Poisiden's Adventure isnt that good i fell it all depends on the quality of the actors that take you through the attraction.

for all of you that say that Poisiden's Adventure isnt that good i fell it all depends on the quality of the actors that take you through the attraction.

No I just hate the cheesy villain and the layout of the show isn't as good as it used to be.

Why have I not posted in here yet?

OK well my favorite attraction at IoA is probably Spiderman of course. I mean, how could you not love this ride? Its amazing.

My least favorite (that I have been on) would be the Suess Trolley. What a piece. The wait for that thing is way too long for what it is.

my actor for Posiesen was really good, actually. He had all of the fire blasts right on cue, it actually looked like it wasn't staged! :p

my actor for Posiesen was really good, actually. He had all of the fire blasts right on cue, it actually looked like it wasn't staged! :p

Its not even the actor that's the problem though. The whole final scene in the last room is just cheesetastic.

"Give me the triton!"

Originally didn't you walk through the vortex and the room was already huge and the fake walls were pulled up into the ceiling. Then, AFTER the battle there was a blinding light and the walls came down to make it look like you were transported back to the original room? Thought I read that somewhere and thought it sounded much more interesting.

the vortex didn't used to be there? The vortex is the coolest part! But last time I saw it, the walls did go up I think once the screens with Posiden came on. I don't know if that's obvious or not, i live in SoCal. :p

The vortex has always been there and part of the attraction and Sledge you are correct. When you walked into the final room the walls were up and it was the big cheese battle arena area. At the finale they shot a ton of smoke into the room killed the lights and blinded you with a huge strobe. When the lights came up the walls had come down and it looked exactly like the first room making you think you had been transported back there. The effect was really awesome and the guests coming out of there were amazed. Now today, not as much I guess.

Has anyone ever been in or heard of the power going out while guests were in the vortex? I remember at opening this was a funny topic-maintenance guys said the back up generators would kick in and nobody would notice a thing. The school of popular opinion was that they couldn't fire up as fast as gravity though and the guests in the tunnel at the time would get a nice waterfall dumped over their heads. This would be hilarious to watch!

Last edited:
Haha. That would be really great. I would love to see the generator fail! Just once.

Can I ask what was the point of the vortext now? I kinda remember where its at...but for some reason I rememeber them saying I can hold it up for so long...but you must hurry and get out. But then again...this may be how it is currently set up and my mind is confusing the details.

Spidey is my fav attraction. I don't have a current least fav attraction, back when it opened there was this really bad traveling singing show in Lost Continent that was called Bandits Out of Time, it was like a themed parade float with 2 men and a woman on it usually, and I always remember thinking to myself wow this is just so bad it's actually sad.:yikes:

Reactions: snoman