Favorite Orlando Holiday Attraction? | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Orlando Holiday Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Your favorite Orlando holiday attraction?

• Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle, Magic Kingdom

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Holidays Around the World - Candlelight Processional at Epcot

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Grinchmas at Universal's Islands of Adventure

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Macy's Holiday Parade at Universal Studios

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • SeaWorld's Shamu Christmas... Miracles

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • The Polar Express Experience at SeaWorld

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Gaylord Palms' ICE!

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
This is my first year where I will be able to experience most, if not all, of what Orlando has to offer for the holidays. I'll get back to ya. :thumbs:

Well I voted for the Osbourne lights because they are amazing! However, if Holiday Illuminations was on the list that would have gotten my vote. The candlelight processional not so much, but Illuminations is amazing!

I only said the Grinch because it was the only thing I did when I went for X-Mas 2003. And it was pretty fun. The guy who was the Grinch did a great job. He was so obnoxious and making jokes about my family.

i'm going to go with macy's parade.

i've just always been a fan of watching the macy's parade, and since i haven't gotten up early enough to see it in years, it's nice to relax for a few minutes and watch some of it in person at universal.

a second close up to the osborne lights though, they're amazing. i just didn't pick it cause what i saw of the lighting ceremony was cheesy in my opinion and it was way too crowded for my liking.

Any verdict yet? :lol:

As a matter of fact, Yes. :lol:

I went with Holidays Around the World. The Candlelight Processional was really fantastic at capturing the Christmas spirit. I also loved going to each country and seeing their local traditions for the Holiday Season. I especially loved the U.K. and Canada's telling of the Christmas story. Also, you gotta love the Monkey King. :thumbs:

2nd on my list was Grinchmas.

I voted Polar Express since it was at Sea World, and mainly because Winter Wonderland on Ice wasn't an option.

To me Winter Wonderland on Ice with Return to Zero singing before it, and then Holiday Reflections immediately after it is easily my favorite Holiday Attraction in Orlando. For me there's nothing that Disney nor Universal can do to even come close to topping it.

I really enjoyed the Polar Express conversion too, Unfortunately I haven't seen Shamu Miracles yet, and not sure I even want to see the X Mas themed Clyde & Seamore show nor the Sesame Street show.

I am however enjoying Macy's this year at USF, due to having some friends working in it and being introduced to others who work in it.

The ICE show is phenominal, all those hand-carved ice sculptures, to intricate and so many of them! Plus something special about the fact they only last for a short amount of time :)

Gaylord Palms' Ice! is spectacular, but Grinchmas gets the nod. It's got the show, and the experience. UO really does a great job with the atmosphere completely changing around Suess Landing during the holidays.

As much as I love Grinchmas and the Dreamlights, Osborne lights really are staggeringly spectacular. They really take your breath away.

8.) I would say Animal Kingdom is the worst park for Christmas overall mainly because its barely decorated at all.
7.) IOA comes next because the only "Christmas-y" area is Seuss...however the only real holiday attraction, Grinchmas, is a very amateurish and poorly-done show.
6.)Then Universal Studios...the parade is great, as are the Manheim Steamroller concerts and New York decorations.
5.)Ice, I didnt particularly care for, but its more unique than the aforementioned parks. I also have to admit I expected a much larger scale and underestimated how cold it would be which admittedly affected my enjoyment of it...but it is neat nonetheless.
4.)Seaworld did a surprisingly good job of creating holiday atmosphere. Theres Christmas music everywhere as well as decorations. They also offer so many holiday overlays which is great. Stepping into the Wild Arctic/North Pole is fantastic.
3.) Hollywood Studios is great because it doesnt skimp on decorations, but obviously the Osborne Lights are why DHS ranks so high. They are astounding and amazing to look at...time goes by so fast in there because of how cool it is.
2.) Magic Kingdom has the best decorations of all the parks in my opinion...walking down Main Street adorned with wreaths and garland with the icicle-clad castle at the end is the epitome of Christmas cheer. The music they play during the Very Merry Christmas Party is super nostalgic and the parade is unparalleled in granduer, design, and overall fun; probably the best theme park parade anywhere.
1.)Epcot is my favorite, for so many reasons. One is the Holidays Around the World, which takes up a full day in itself. The little presentations in each country are great. Some of the decorations are also just beautiful. But the star of the park is the Candlelight Processional--one of my favorite live shows of all time...anywhere. The orchestra, enthusiastic singers, conductor, sign language lady, and celebrity guest speaker all come together beautifully for a wonderful presentation. When the conductor jumps up and the voices and orchestra erupt into the chorus of Holy Night, I never fail to get goosebumps...chills are frequent during that show. And I love how everyone there is just so passionate about the true meaning of Christmas and so happy to be there. Its the definition of phenomenal.

I'm probably in the minority, but I found the candlelight processional to be rather over-hyped. This was my first year of seeing the show and I was excited to check it out, but it just fell short for me. It was good, but it's nothing I haven't seen a church do. The stupid long lines and ridiculous amounts of people didn't help for me either.

The Christmas illuminations though was phenomenal and gave me goosebumps every time I went this season.