Favorite Water Ride | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Water Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite water ride in Orlando?

• Splash Mountain

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Journey to Atlantis

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Jurassic Park River Adventure

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters
Dec 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, Fl
Which wet and wild ride splashes you the most?

It's a tough choice, but I'm voting for Dudley. It has a great theme and I always have to duck on the drop!

Last edited:
This was a close race between Dudley and JPRA for me but in the end, I have to give it to JPRA. The theming is what makes this ride so great.While Dudley's is good, it doesn't beat floating through a river and seeing dinosaurs up close.

I've gotten off JP completely dry several times. I get somewhat wet on Dudley, but every single time I go on Popeye I come off absoloutely drenched.

It was a very close decision between Jurassic Park and Dudley Do Right, but in the end I chose the River Adventure simply because the ride played a big role in my childhood.

I was in awe for this ride when I was 10. And it only strengthened my love for the movies. The ride itself is classic. As soon as everything goes wrong in the ride...it gets fun.

JPRA hands down, great effects, has a "flowing" story, and
who can't be terrified by the T-Rex at the end?

Last edited:
Gotta give it to Popeye. It was very close but I just don't really think of Splash as a water ride but more of a timeless disney dark ride with a thrill. To me it is about as much of a water ride as Pirates is.

Popeye is the best rapids raft ride ever built in quanity of gags, quality of gags and theming. The thing goes into the lagoon and back out again and just when you think it is over there is another gag around the corner. Also things like the animated figures below Me Ship, The Olive and Me Ship the Olive itself give it some amazing atmosphere.

Aww, Atlantis is getting no love! Even though it's kind of old, it's still a good ride and has the best and most surprising ending of any of the Orlando water rides,
when it suddenly plunges down the roller coaster element and makes a final big splash. I always underestimate the speed of that drop whenever I go on!

If only they'd fix some of the effects...

If Atlantis would of had all of its effects going like it did in its opening year including the story elements in the queue like it used to have. It would of honestly been my number one without a doubt. A once amazing ride.

Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges - I like the ending when Bluto gets hung out to dry when Popeye defeats him! It seems as if we're pottys!

i would say journey to atlantis because it tells u the story of atlantis....AWESOME...plus it is part roller coaster too...but dudley do rights comesin to a close second place

Jurassic Park! hands down. Although I like the cali version better just because of the crashing JP Van. That's my most memorable scene of the film for me. Singapore's version sounds incredible withe the rafts in the dark and the elevator, can't wait to see some videos of this.