Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Feature Presentation

Well clearly "Hello Kitty" did NOT happen here haha...

Anyway, I noticed landscaping changes the other day that I didn't notice before. Here is a pic from 2015

ZpYN44X.jpg

Here is a pic from today...
df6BAUy.jpg

^I feel this was an incredibly stupid move on their part. Potter has ENOUGH locations to buy merch already... Hogsmeade, Studio Store & Citywalk... With JPRA now closed until next year, they should've kept it JP/JW merch. This change back was completely unnecessary and quite sad really... Potter should NOT be the focus anymore with merch or the park in general. It opened 2 years ago, move on..

I've always felt that they were severely missing the point of the store ever since it was created.... Feature Presentation could've EASILY been a central hub for HHN merch just like Orlando has a designated store for the event, while also making merch available throughout the park. Then after HHN, convert it over to a Grinchmas merch store. Lunar New Year... whatever new ride opens... etc etc

My concern is that Potter merchandise still dominates in overall sales in the park and USH is going for $$$ and not anything else.

But I agree...returning to Potter was lame.

^I feel this was an incredibly stupid move on their part. Potter has ENOUGH locations to buy merch already... Hogsmeade, Studio Store & Citywalk... With JPRA now closed until next year, they should've kept it JP/JW merch. This change back was completely unnecessary and quite sad really... Potter should NOT be the focus anymore with merch or the park in general. It opened 2 years ago, move on..

I've always felt that they were severely missing the point of the store ever since it was created.... Feature Presentation could've EASILY been a central hub for HHN merch just like Orlando has a designated store for the event, while also making merch available throughout the park. Then after HHN, convert it over to a Grinchmas merch store. Lunar New Year... whatever new ride opens... etc etc
100% disagree with you. Harry Potter is still new to this park. It’s the biggest IP they have in USH. Two years is nothing. Maybe in 20 years I will understand your argument.

I mean, they have The Grinch being released in a few weeks, and they could've easily had FP change to be "Holiday" oriented, with The Grinch merchandise primarily released there, regardless of ASS.

I mean, you should tell the people who decided to put themed grinch billboards on the Mummy showbuilding, oriented towards Universal Hollywood that "Nobody cares about the new Grinch film"

The Grinch as a character, similar to the Cat in The Hat; is evergreen in a good way. Why wouldn't they want to strike while the iron is hot?

I completely disagree.

The Grinch, lies with the Cat in The Hat as a really big Evergreen character, especially for Dr. Seuss.

The story, regardless of what form; is iconic for the way it's told. And I don't necessarily think it's fair to say it's DOA by just looking at the Illumination version of the character.

I really dislike this. If you want to offer a few staples amongst all merch to sell people headed out the door, fine...

But it really detracts from Potter's overall retail experience.

----

I think Grinch will likely do well. Illumination seems to have a very good marketing team. Not always a fan of the movies, but marketing is much more consistent than Dreamworks.

I really dislike this. If you want to offer a few staples amongst all merch to sell people headed out the door, fine...

But it really detracts from Potter's overall retail experience.

----

I think Grinch will likely do well. Illumination seems to have a very good marketing team. Not always a fan of the movies, but marketing is much more consistent than Dreamworks.
100% disagree. Nothing will touch the Jim Carry Classic. This film will fail. In fact, the photo you sent me of the Billboards was funnier then the trailers.

Honestly, I imagine that The Grinch will have the legs, primarily due to the relevancy and nature of the material. And that, as @brianlo said; Illumination actually does rather well with marketing for films.

__

That said, I do think Feature Presentations should be more than just an added Potter spot for Merch. If you wanted to get merchandise w/o going into Hogsmeade, you have the USStore's both in the park & in Citywalk.

What they actually should be focusing on, is Grinchmas/Holidays at USH; then followed by Lunar New Year and then putting Feature Presentations as a forefront location of Jurassic World merchandise for the Upper Lot.

100% disagree. Nothing will touch the Jim Carry Classic. This film will fail. In fact, the photo you sent me of the Billboards was funnier then the trailers.

Going to level and be honest:

That sounds more like you are giving a bias more to the Ron Howard/Carry version than to anything.

I'm not stating anything on its quality. Just that it will make money.

‘The Grinch’ Looking To Steal $50M+ In Box Office Opening | Deadline

Also, I've never really heard the Jim Carry version referred to as the 'classic'. I think you were just the right age at the time to have that close association.

Universal added HP because it will outsell anything Grinch will make. Lorax was a failure. Yeah the Grinch film will make a few bucks because it’s a popular character. But not much. Like I said dead on arrival. The only reason they took out the JW store is because the ride is closed. Once JW opens it will revert back to JW. Just wait.