Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Festival Bay Mall I-Drive

Epic failure Part 2 comes to mind...

I want to hit everybody involved with this project right in the face so hard. How do you have such prime real estate, literally IN THE MIDDLE OF TOURIST ORLANDO, across the street from the busiest shopping center in central florida, right by three world class tourist destinations, and HAVE A GHOST TOWN?

It's like, literally everything regarding this mall should be booming, but they have found every possible way to fail and falter at this. It's actually somewhat incredible.

You hit the nail right on the head. Sell the property to Premium and let them expand what they have. God knows they need it! Try and tell me about a time you went there and didn't spend at least 20 minutes looking for a parking space. Unless you were there on a really off day.

Come on, who doesn't want to go buy fresh fruit and veggies on your vacation :bang:

The only reason I went into this mall in the past was to go to Ron Jon and that's about it and the place was deserted.

No the Premium Outlets just across from the Taco Bell is where Belz Factory Outlet used to be. I don't care myself for this "make over". I hope they plan on keeping the movie theater and the bookstore in Festival Bay. I agree with HTF that this has epic failure written all over it unless Paragon comes up with really unique experiences with this. It was sad watching Festival Bay die slowly while the Ross shopping plaza across the street flourished. This mall sits on very prime Orlando real estate and they need more than an "artists market" to sustain this. Maybe (this is total blue sky thinking) Paragon could convince UOR to put another outlet store here as there are zero places to buy discounted Uni merch off UOR property.

Last time I was there in late 2010 I remember there being a Universal outlet store.

I thought the developer who owns the outlets across the street bought the mall late last year or early this year? I'm pretty sure they're listed as the same owner now on the property appraiser site...off I go to check!

EDIT: Not listed as the same owner, but I remember some kind of sale going through regarding Festival Bay and the outlets...this is going to bug me. :lol:

Last edited:
I want to hit everybody involved with this project right in the face so hard. How do you have such prime real estate, literally IN THE MIDDLE OF TOURIST ORLANDO, across the street from the busiest shopping center in central florida, right by three world class tourist destinations, and HAVE A GHOST TOWN?

It's like, literally everything regarding this mall should be booming, but they have found every possible way to fail and falter at this. It's actually somewhat incredible.

It's believed that when this happened Mellinia Mall was built about a Mile away so that is three malls and shopping districts within a mile. Then not to mention Florida Mall isn't to far away as well. Very hard for Festival Bay to compete with the outdated look, and unfit amount of space for certain stores.