Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Festival of the Arts 2019

Assuming this happens again next year, my next trip will likely coincide with this festival, so I'm paying particular attention to the coverage this year so I have an idea of what to expect. I've only ever done Food & Wine.

Here's the Disney on Broadway line-up:
  • January 18 to January 19, 2019 – Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey
  • January 20 to January 21, 2019 – Meredith Inglesby & Steve Blanchard
  • January 22 to January 23, 2019 – Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey
  • January 24 to January 25, 2019 – Meredith Inglesby & Steve Blanchard
  • January 26, 2019 – Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey
  • January 27, 2019 – Meredith Inglesby & Steve Blanchard
  • January 28 to January 29, 2019 – Arielle Jacobs & Adam Jacobs
  • January 30 to January 31, 2019 – Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
  • February 1 to February 2, 2019 – Arielle Jacobs & Adam Jacobs
  • February 3 to February 4, 2019 – Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
  • February 5 to February 6, 2019 – Arielle Jacobs & Adam Jacobs
  • February 7 to February 8, 2019 – Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
  • February 9, 2019 – Arielle Jacobs & Adam Jacobs
  • February 10, 2019 – Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
  • February 11 to February 12, 2019 – Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
  • February 13 to February 14, 2019 – Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
  • February 15 to February 16, 2019 – Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
  • February 17 to February 18, 2019 – Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
  • February 19 to February 20, 2019 – Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
  • February 21 to February 22, 2019 – Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
  • February 23, 2019 – Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
  • February 24, 2019 – Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
  • February 25, 2019 – Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, Alton Fitzgerald White
Of note, Arielle Jacobs is the current Jasmine in Aladdin on Broadway. Adam Jacobs originated the role of Aladdin in the Broadway production. Gavin Lee originated the role of Bert in Mary Poppins in both the West End and Broadway productions. He also originated Squidward in Spongebob Squarepants on Broadway.

Went today, mild disappointment. Little of the food and beer seemed new, and prices are starting to surpass Food & Wine. (When a charcuterie costs $14, I expect not to have to eat it on a trash can.)

The sipping chocolate--seemingly the hit of the event--is good at first, but plan on sharing. I expected spiked hot chocolate but this is more akin to drinking hot fudge with a shot poured on top. Very rich and almost too sweet by halfway thru the second one. The"glitter beer" is basically Kool Ade mixed with beer, then swirled with glitter. Drank it once as a stunt, but not planning on a second. The Odyssey beer flight is the same as last year, but with three small samplings of stale popcorn on top to justify a $1 price hike.

The flea market booths of art are still around, but very little you couldn't normally find at Disney Springs.

Odyssey has been completely gutted and rebuilt into a grey, single-level convention space. I saw they are doing the "Learn to Draw a Character" classes formerly held at DisneyQuest and MGM, but no art galleries like the previous two years.

The "put yourself in a painting" photo ops are back, and fun, and I confess I haven't seen the Broadway show yet, but all in all, the weakest of the four EPCOT festivals.

Ugh. The FOMO from what I've seen so far is real. Gonna plan a day trip to hit this up next month. The paintbrush churros did me in. Not gonna lie.