Few Questions for Universal Express Pass | Inside Universal Forums

Few Questions for Universal Express Pass

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 13, 2019
Hey there so I have some questions about Express Pass and I am looking f0rward in your guys answers.

So, I have a family of 5 and we are interested in going to Universal for the spring. I saw something that said if you stay at Cabana Bay all visitors on site get a free express pass. I'm wondering if that is still ongoing.

The next question is do you still have to pay Admission to get in to Universal?

Thanks!

Hey there so I have some questions about Express Pass and I am looking f0rward in your guys answers.

So, I have a family of 5 and we are interested in going to Universal for the spring. I saw something that said if you stay at Cabana Bay all visitors on site get a free express pass. I'm wondering if that is still ongoing.

The next question is do you still have to pay Admission to get in to Universal?

Thanks!

Unless there was a special, cabana bay does not offer express passes for stays. That’s only Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, and portofino. You would also need regular park admission outside of express.

Reactions: natespf
Unless there was a special, cabana bay does not offer express passes for stays. That’s only Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, and portofino. You would also need regular park admission outside of express.
So I would just have to pay admission and the express?

And how much will express be in the Spring?

If staying in Cabana you would have to buy Express and admission. Unsure how much Express is, but should be able to go to the UO site and enter dates.

What week are you going? If it's not during the Peak Spring Break & Easter weeks, it would probably be cheaper to book RP, Portofino or HR (unlimited hotel express comes with those three resorts) than to pay for the Express separately. Express can get pretty expensive for 5 people.

Yes if you’re interested in Express check the room rates at the those hotels vs express and a room at Cabana Bay.

That being said express is not a necessity like how FastPass can be a requirement at Disney.

Sorry your answer was danced around so much. Only Portofino, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific include express. It's a great perc. Beyond staying at one of those you have to pay extra for express..

^I think the info missing is that it's generally cheaper to get the Express pass as part of those hotels (even the hotels themselves are more expensive), rather than getting express passes individually at a cheaper hotel.

Reactions: Ridgepole
Express is priced depending on the day... if it's really cheap you really don't need it, if it's really expensive you're probably better off with one of the 3 original hotels.

(I'm surprised nobody mentioned normally only Portifino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific come with free express). :bolt: