Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First Family Trip to WDW

Jun 20, 2010
South Florida
Just booked our first family trip to Walt Disney World for late April. My wife and I have been many times over the years, but this is the first time we are bringing our son who will be 1 by the time we go. We are staying at the Grand Floridian (got a good FL resident rate with the Sun & Fun discount) and are planning on just doing the Magic Kingdom since there's really not a whole lot for him to do at the other parks yet. I know it's still a ways off, but was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice? Recommendations for what rides I should look to Fastpass? Also, since he's under 3 and free to get in, does he need/get a magic band?

Have fun! We took my son at about that age when we went for the 25th Anniversary of MK. Be prepared to take breaks and even head back to the room for a nap. I’ll never forget when we lost his pacifier in Epcot and couldn’t find the spare. Ended up taking him back to the room (screaming fit mind you) and by the time we got there he had fallen asleep.

Just booked our first family trip to Walt Disney World for late April. My wife and I have been many times over the years, but this is the first time we are bringing our son who will be 1 by the time we go. We are staying at the Grand Floridian (got a good FL resident rate with the Sun & Fun discount) and are planning on just doing the Magic Kingdom since there's really not a whole lot for him to do at the other parks yet. I know it's still a ways off, but was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice? Recommendations for what rides I should look to Fastpass? Also, since he's under 3 and free to get in, does he need/get a magic band?
Hi! There is a rider switch program, too. Let's say u want to ride Big Thunder Mtn. You all you go up and let the cast member know before you get in line. They will scan your wife's ticket and she will fast pass it when it is her turn. If you run out of diapers, formula, wipes ect they have a nice baby care center to buy supplies and a quiet place to nurse, too. My favorite stroller to bring is the jogging type (blow up wheels) it seems to handle the cobble stones the best. Take lots of pictures! It is a special time!