Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First Time to HHN

Jun 10, 2016
Hi,

I will be going to HHN for my first time this year. However, due to various other plans I will only be visiting the park on September 17th. I already purchased my tickets but was conflicted on the express pass. I've read through various outlets that if you are going in the first couple of weeks, an express pass wasn't necessary. Can you give me your opinions? I would obviously like to see every house but that's a steep price for a family of 4. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to OU. You're right that the opening few weeks aren't as busy as mid-October for example but as it's the opening Saturday night it will be busier than the average September night. If you are only going on that one night then I think you'll probably struggle to get round all the houses without the Express passes. And I'd say even if you did get round you'd be cutting it very fine and probably wouldn't be able to revisit any if you wanted to.

If you can afford it, then I'd recommend it if you want to see every house in one night. This gives you a good chance to take in the scarezones too as sometimes these can be just as much fun as the houses.

Whatever happens, make sure you are in the park for closing time to give yourself the best chance!

Hi,

I will be going to HHN for my first time this year. However, due to various other plans I will only be visiting the park on September 17th. I already purchased my tickets but was conflicted on the express pass. I've read through various outlets that if you are going in the first couple of weeks, an express pass wasn't necessary. Can you give me your opinions? I would obviously like to see every house but that's a steep price for a family of 4. Thanks in advance!

If seeing every house is a priority and you only have one day, an express pass is a great option. I find that when using Stay & Scream (you get corralled in the park before closing and are the first into several houses) I got to every house, show, enjoyed the scare zones, and "hung out" with friends in two days.

Hi,

Welcome to the OU Forums. :thumbsup:

If I were only doing 1 night at HHN I would defo get an express pass just to make sure I saw everything I wanted to :)
Yeah if seeing everything is a must express or RIP is the only way to go. It can be done without it but with 9 houses, shows and scare zones it's really a challenge to pack all that into one evening even if manage to avoid long waits. It certainly wouldn't be fun rushing around the park like that.

Welcome to OU! Express is an absolute necessity, you're only going one night and it's opening Saturday.

Last edited:
Hi,

There was a time when opening weekend was a slower period, but those days are done. Are they slower then some other weeks? Yes, but we're still talking waiting something like 40-60 min instead of 120-150 during the peak of the night.

Now is there a way to see every house in 1 night? Yes... But be prepared to be exhausted by night's end. That would mean getting there early as you can and having a plan with little time to really enjoy yourself. I'd recommend that HHN is a 2 day event now if you don't want to deal with that struggle and still see everything. BUT - if you got only 1 night and your budget can handle it, spring for the Express.

ALSO WELCOME!

If I were only doing 1 night at HHN I would defo get an express pass just to make sure I saw everything I wanted to :)

Yeah if seeing everything is a must express or RIP is the only way to go. It can be done without it but with 9 houses, shows and scare zones it's really a challenge to pack all that into one evening even if manage to avoid long waits. It certainly wouldn't be fun rushing around the park like that.

Welcome to OU! Express is an absolute necessity, you're only going one night and it's opening Saturday.

And there you have it, I agree with these guys.

September 16th is opening night :)

For now.

I'n not shitting you when I say be prepared to run. If you go on a slower night, are in the park already, and run a specific route, you may be able to get everything done in one night. It is not an experience I would call ideal. Neither is paying upwards of $130 for an ad on ticket to express. In any case you are better off if you are there multiple days to get the multi night pass and plan instead of express.