First timer here! | Inside Universal Forums

First timer here!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 10, 2017
Hello all!

My name is Cindy and I live in PA with my hubby and three kids - DS 16, DD 13 and DD 8. We will be going to Universal Orlando for the first time this August. My youngest is on the spectrum so I am a researcher and planner. It helps us enjoy ourselves so much more when we know what to expect. I am so excited for this trip! We are staying at SF and will have 4 days in the parks.

I look forward to reading and participating on the forums here!

Welcome, Sapphire Falls is absolutely stunning -- from someone who has stayed at multiple Disney resorts, it not only compares but for the price beats it! Have a great time, and enjoy the board.

Reactions: cindypa
Hello all!

My name is Cindy and I live in PA with my hubby and three kids - DS 16, DD 13 and DD 8. We will be going to Universal Orlando for the first time this August. My youngest is on the spectrum so I am a researcher and planner. It helps us enjoy ourselves so much more when we know what to expect. I am so excited for this trip! We are staying at SF and will have 4 days in the parks.

Welcome to the site. I HIGHLY recommend using the resources at Autism at the Parks for your youngest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forums.:thumbsup:....You will enjoy the experience of staying on site at Universal. Everything is a water taxi ride or short walk away.....Best tip: Do the mornings & evenings at the parks and take the water taxi back to the hotel pool for the afternoon. Afternoons are really hot & muggy in Florida. Too uncomfortable for us Pennsylvanians. ...And Sapphire has a huge beautiful pool, with a nice water slide for the kids. If you take your time touring you can have a really leisurely & relaxing vacation staying on site at Universal......Special tip: Diagon Alley is most beautiful in the evening. Try to spend at least one night touring Diagon.

Hello all!

Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the site. I HIGHLY recommend using the resources at Autism at the Parks for your youngest son.

Thank you! I have actually already been to that site and it is extremely helpful. I am a bit nervous about how my daughter will react to the parks. We have been to Disney twice and it was amazing. Universal has a lot more intense rides... she is tall enough for most except the coasters which I am not riding anyway. It is my understanding that Universal has a much better ride swap setup if we need it. She is at that age where she has outgrown the kiddie rides, and really loves to be on the bigger rides. She is in love with the Minions and likes HP too, so I know there will be enough to entertain her.

Welcome to the Forums.:thumbsup:....You will enjoy the experience of staying on site at Universal. Everything is a water taxi ride or short walk away.....Best tip: Do the mornings & evenings at the parks and take the water taxi back to the hotel pool for the afternoon. Afternoons are really hot & muggy in Florida. Too uncomfortable for us Pennsylvanians. ...And Sapphire has a huge beautiful pool, with a nice water slide for the kids. If you take your time touring you can have a really leisurely & relaxing vacation staying on site at Universal......Special tip: Diagon Alley is most beautiful in the evening. Try to spend at least one night touring Diagon.

Thank you! SF looks amazing. CB looked fun, but a little too kitschy for us. Our fave place to stay at Disney is the Dolphin. We have a kids suite booked, and think it will be so nice to have a little extra room. Looking forward to a drink at that pool!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thank you! SF looks amazing. CB looked fun, but a little too kitschy for us. Our fave place to stay at Disney is the Dolphin. We have a kids suite booked, and think it will be so nice to have a little extra room. Looking forward to a drink at that pool!
Make sure you stop at Strongwater Tavern for drinks. Best drinks on Universal property and it has an outside deck (with couches) overlooking the Lagoon and park. Great ambiance in the evening. ....CBBR is nice due to the inexpensive suites. But Sapphire has the water taxi, which makes it really convenient to go back and forth between the parks & hotels. Sapphire too, is really nice for the price. It reminds me of the nice Marriots I used to frequent for business.

Oops, realized I said "youngest son", failed at reading comprehension this morning. Sorry.