Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First Timer Tips????

Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
On May 17, I will be going to Busch Gardens for a field trip. This will not only be a field trip for me, but my FIRST time in the park. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a first-timer like myself. (Note: I know the park is mostly filled with coasters, so I'm just going to tell you my experince with coasters. I've been on RNRC, HRRR, ROTM, TIHC, and DC (Chinese Fireball). I have only been on those as for major and intense coasters.) Hope you can help a first timer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Head to Cheetah Hunt first the line for it will get bigger as the day grows, since you are in that area head on back to Montu after that. Then head over to Sand Serpant, followed by Scorpion, Kumba and then Head to the Tallest most intimidating Coaster in Florida Shiekra. Then if you are in for a good beating head to Gwazi. I would hit Gwazi last as it is the slowest loading coaster on the planet and one of the roughest coasters there is. Also Busch has a lot of great Water rides and flat rides.

Head to Cheetah Hunt first the line for it will get bigger as the day grows, since you are in that area head on back to Montu after that. Then head over to Sand Serpant, followed by Scorpion, Kumba and then Head to the Tallest most intimidating Coaster in Florida Shiekra. Then if you are in for a good beating head to Gwazi. I would hit Gwazi last as it is the slowest loading coaster on the planet and one of the roughest coasters there is. Also Busch has a lot of great Water rides and flat rides.

Thx for the advice. Seems like a good plan but everyone in our goup wants to hit Shiekra first. I personally wann try out Montu. Looks fun. I heard that they are getting rid of Gwazi seing that the tiger side is closed. Is that true??

I went to Busch Gardens for my senior trip and the park was deserted. It was awesome, I never waited for anything and was able to ride everything I wanted to multiple times. I don't think yours being on a Friday will impact it much, especially since most locals will go in the afternoon and Summer Semester will just be starting.

I went to Busch Gardens for my senior trip and the park was deserted. It was awesome, I never waited for anything and was able to ride everything I wanted to multiple times. I don't think yours being on a Friday will impact it much, especially since most locals will go in the afternoon and Summer Semester will just be starting.

Wow!!!!! Must've beena wesome. Its only a week away and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll love it. Its a great park with some great coasters.

Isn't the Madagascar show supposed to open May 18th. If so, I'm only gonna ssume that the construction walls will be down so I'll snap some pictures and post them if I can. I might not be able to actually see the show for two reasons.

Reason #1: The people in my group are surley not gonna want to do that, but my teacher, who is our chaparone, might wanna do it. (She's scared of the coasters xD)
Reason #2: I don't know if the show will be open for softs??????

Dont forget about the animals either- white tigers, lions, meerkats, girrafes, gorillas, train ride.. its all magical!

And don't forget about the Meerkats! It is a must see :thumbs: IDK I just like how they have a "lookout", and trade off on that duty.

[video=youtube_share;APuWOIZi6RQ]http://youtu.be/APuWOIZi6RQ[/video]

I would skip Gwazi though. If you must do it, wait to the end of the day and take a double dose of painkillers before and after the ride. (this statement was NOT made by a real doctor) :rofl: But seriously though the ride is painful, and IMO not a good tradeoff.

Shiekra is bad:censored: but not that long, you may want to do that more than once. But if you love coasters, all but Gwazi are must-do IMO.

It is a big place, that is spread out. So you can waste a lot of time doubling back. So for a first-timer make sure to get a map, and you can get familiar with what rides you want to do are close to each other.

You can checkout the map online at http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/Park-Info/Interactive-Map?from=Top_Nav and post back your must-dos.

What are the water rides like???? BTW, our group might do all the coasters. So, yeah =, are the water rides fun??? Are they themed well?

Yes, they are fun. They have the same 3 water ride types as IoA but do not expect that level of themeing. Stanleyville Falls is a log flume (like Dudley Do-Right's), Tidal wave is a splash ride (like JPRA), and Congo River Rapids is a whitewater rapids (like Popeye and Bluto's). The first two are in Stanleyville and are basically un-themed, just the rides. The third one in the Congo is themed but do not expect Disney or Uni. But like I said still fun none the less.

Oh ok. I saw rock work around the Congo river rapids on the map and thought that it was themed. Lol.

I am not sure if I lost you. The Congo River Rapids is theamed with rock work, jungle, tribal... it is the other two water rides that are not themed.

The park started as a brewery tour for Busch beer, with Gardens for the visitors. They slowly added rides, games, and attractions without a central theme. Eventually it became a 'themepark' with a brewery walk-through. Then they knocked down the brewery to make room for Gwazi. So they have gotten better with themeing over the years, but the older stuff may be lacking in that department.

A few steps up from the average amusement park, but not quite on the level as Disney or Uni. If you take it for what it is, it is a good time.

BGTs water rides predate IOAs by decades and don't compare to Unis water rides but they are still fun.
Gwazi is not as bad as people would say, it used to be bad and require medication afterwards, the new trains helped a lot but it is no way smooth. It is the slowest loading ride in the park so be aware of that if you wish to ride.

The Pizza Buffet in he Bird Gardens is a great place to eat.

Plan of attack for rides

Cheetah Hunt
Montu
Leave Egypt through the Edge of Africa and head for Timbuktu
Scorpion
Sand Serpent
Leave Timbuktu for the Congo
Ubanga Banga bumper cars
Kumba
Congo River Rapids
Leave the Congo for Stanleyville
Tidal wave
Stanley Falls
Shirkra
Leave Stanleyville and head towards Gwazi Plaza.

Cheetah Run, Jungalia, Walkabout Way, and the Myombie Reserve are awesome areas to get up close looks at some great animals.

I am not sure if I lost you. The Congo River Rapids is theamed with rock work, jungle, tribal... it is the other two water rides that are not themed.

The park started as a brewery tour for Busch beer, with Gardens for the visitors. They slowly added rides, games, and attractions without a central theme. Eventually it became a 'themepark' with a brewery walk-through. Then they knocked down the brewery to make room for Gwazi. So they have gotten better with themeing over the years, but the older stuff may be lacking in that department.

A few steps up from the average amusement park, but not quite on the level as Disney or Uni. If you take it for what it is, it is a good time.

That's a nice little fact about the park. Might have to share that with my friends when we go.