Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Flintstones Bar-B-Q

I received my first cartoon caricature portrait in a tent in the Flintstones area just a couple of years ago..! Many fun memories were held in that little path. Crazy to think it's completely dematerialized now.

Anybody have any photos of the area without Flintstone's? I used walk by that area everyday so seeing that would be pretty surreal.

Gonna be surreal for me as well. The whole park changing is so surreal to me, because memories of everything that was recently replaced is still so fresh in my brain. I feel like I JUST watched T23D and walked through Doc Brown's and took a pic by Bruce....it's....Way too weird for me still........

The park is so different from when I took my property tour on orientation day til when I left slightly less than a year ago... and now it's even more changed. Granted I spent the most time in the lower lot which has barely changed, but I still had to trudge through there. Soon Hogsmeade will impede views but it's so weird to see it all unshaded and flattened.

You guys really think the Flintstone BBQ was an eyesore!? I thought it was such a cool looking building. It looks like it came right out of the movie.
I liked it. Didn't it stand out? Yes, but it had some good food and the facade was nice.

I agree, I visually always liked it and it was a high quality addition. I love the Flintstones and I think a proper Flintstones attraction would've been great.
Speaking of Flintstones attractions, does anyone know if the old show was any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Springfield will definitely do Hollywood Cantina, Doc Brown's Chicken, and Flintstones Bar-B-Q justice. My only fear is that the food will reach mediocrity as fast as Gru's Lab Café's did.

The only thing that even remotely sparks my interest from Orlando's Springfield is the waffle and chicken sandwich, and even then that doesn't sound like a hearty meal I'd like at a theme park, but not too bad.

So, there's burgers, salads, sandwhiches, small pizzas, and uh....what else in Springfield?

With my friends who had worked the Flintstones show prior to my arrival as an employee, all loved the show.  I have heard many fun moments with the cast and the venue compared to other shows that were there.  I never saw the show personally.

The only thing that even remotely sparks my interest from Orlando's Springfield is the waffle and chicken sandwich, and even then that doesn't sound like a hearty meal I'd like at a theme park, but not too bad.

So, there's burgers, salads, sandwhiches, small pizzas, and uh....what else in Springfield?
Though some of these are self-explanatory, I thought I'd still compile a list; Springfield consists of Bumblebee Man's Tacos (Mexican), Lard Lad Donuts (donuts/ice cream), Duff Brewery (beer), Lisa's Teahouse of Horror (healthy food options), Luigi's (pizza), The Frying Dutchman (seafood), Cletus' Chicken Shack (fried chicken), Krusty Burger (burgers/hot dogs), and Flaming Moe's (assorted IP-based beverages). Note that we'll also be getting a separate ice cream venue, Phineas Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor.

Thing is, while they have covered most types of "ethnic" or types of food, it's still all quick fast food versions of it. I just wish it was similar to what DLR offers...especially DCA.

Just wish there was more chicken stuff.