Florida locals, I need your help! | Inside Universal Forums

Florida locals, I need your help!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brervixen

V.I.P. Member
Dec 30, 2012
Wirral, UK.
Hi guys, I've been to Florida 18 times, but we usually do the whole Disney/Universal thing (occasionally venture to Busch Gardens!) - I am looking to you, Florida local peeps to reccommend some cool things to do other that WDW/UOR as we'll be in Florida for 2 weeks in September.

Also, good restaurants too! :happy:

Thanks in advance

Also some pretty cool zipline stuff here not too far away. Seems like these places are all the rage and looks pretty fun

ttp://www.floridaecosafaris.com/EcoPark/

Awesome Ideas guys!! Might pass on Legoland as we don't have kids, but I like the idea of theatre (I do a lot of local theatre at home!) Keep em coming, they'll be going on my "list"

Definently plan a trip to the Orange County History Center in Downtown Orlando, Gatorland in Kissimmee and if you get a chance to get away from Orlando for a bit the Atlantic coast over by Stuart, Florida is really nice too :thumbs:

How do you know about Teak? It is a little of the beaten path. I know you are in Orlando, but are you in Metrowest?

Not in Metrowest, but 10-15min away! Teak is a hidden gem, I discovered it on a work lunch outing one afternoon and have been going back once a month since. Each time I make it a mission to try a different burger :thumbs:

Fab guys, I feel that even after going to FLA almost every year of my life I still haven't scratched the surface of everything there is to do there!

^This - Kennedy Space Center, while an hour away, is an awesome place to visit. It's worth the hour drive. Only downside is, the prices are very high.

Brer, how far out of Orlando are you willing to go? Because I also highly recommend even a couple of days at the beach in the Gulf of Mexico (west side of FL). Anna Maria Island and the surrounding areas are very nice; my family goes at least once or twice a year.

If you enjoy a good burger with some crazy toppings & cheap drinks go hit up Teak in Metrowest. It's close to Universal and I highly recommend it.

http://www.teakorlando.com/

I must try this sometime! I just looked it up, and it's right around the corner, literally one street over, from where a friend of mine lives... Crazy!

We tried when I was probably about 11 or 12 to find Kennedy Space Centre, and failed miserably! Haha! It was quite funny really, I think we probably drove 50 miles in the wrong direction! Might give it a go this year though!

Driving isn't a problem, but I'm not the biggest fan of spending a day at the beach, I'd rather be busy and doing things! (I live about 1 mile from the beach, so it's not a massive draw to me! - although your weather is decidedly better!)

Is Tarpon Springs still worth going to? We went there quite a lot when I was little and remember it being very nice! We used to go to Clearwater for a week too!

Clearwater and St. Pete beach are fun, even just to go and hang out at. I'll occasionally do that.

If you don't mind driving to Tampa go to MOSI, it's awesome. Orlando Science Center as well. Grand Prix Go Carts out by Orange Blossom are really cool, not like the Go-Carts you see on I-Drive, they go about 60mph. For food I HAVE to recommend Junior Colombian Burger, and almost surprised it didn't show up sooner. If you haven't been to Ale House for drinks this is your trip to go.