Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Florida locals, I need your help!

Clearwater and St. Pete beach are fun, even just to go and hang out at. I'll occasionally do that.

If you don't mind driving to Tampa go to MOSI, it's awesome. Orlando Science Center as well. Grand Prix Go Carts out by Orange Blossom are really cool, not like the Go-Carts you see on I-Drive, they go about 60mph. For food I HAVE to recommend Junior Colombian Burger, and almost surprised it didn't show up sooner. If you haven't been to Ale House for drinks this is your trip to go.

To add to this, Ale House has some awesome chicken nachos also :thumbs:

You might try the Ringling Mansion and Museum in Sarasota... and maybe the Dali museum in Tampa. And what is that odd garden between Kissimmee and Winter Haven? The mega tower with the bells and pipe organ. Looks like something out of LOTR.

You might try the Ringling Mansion and Museum in Sarasota... and maybe the Dali museum in Tampa. And what is that odd garden between Kissimmee and Winter Haven? The mega tower with the bells and pipe organ. Looks like something out of LOTR.

It's in Saint Petersburg, along with a lot of other museums.

I never knew that Arabian Nights closed in Kissimmee. Was it ever mentioned here?

(tossing this here as it is apparently very old news and this is an old junk thread)

Yup both it and the dolly Parton one closed quite awhile ago. I think Arabian nights closed first with the whole middle east is evil thing.

No, it closed 2-3 years ago due to low business. Nothing to do with "Middle East is evil".

Dixie Stampede closed in 2008.
Thanks for the correction. I never heard anything else about it after the ball eagle finale and assumed it was shuttered shortly after.

Idk if you're willing to head to Sarasota, or how off the beaten track you're willing to go but Munchies 4/20 has some pretty incredible food, it's a dive but the food is awesome.

I always wondered if Arabian, Dixie and Medieval shared resources when they were all open sine they're pretty similar.

Nowadays things like Pirates and Capones and Slueths are where you go to pilfer various actor types.

No, it closed 2-3 years ago due to low business. Nothing to do with "Middle East is evil".

Dixie Stampede closed in 2008.

It was a pretty bad show, so it doesn't surprise me it had low attendance. I went once and said never again and I like those types of shows. Would do Dixie again in a heartbeat but both locations I went to closed and I love medieval times.