Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Flying Fear Relief?

Sep 12, 2017
Hello all,

I have flown a couple of times in my life, and they were torturous expeditions with tears and nausea and full-on heart-pounding terror (freaking constant turbulence from New Orleans to Maine).

Now I've tried some of the "mind-over-matter" things that have been said will help, but I don't think my brain works appropriately for these kinds of things because they sure didn't help.

Can anyone suggest any methods/medications/anything that might help make my trip in 31 days from Maine to Florida bearable? I don't take any kind of meds except multivitamins and sometimes Advil, so I don't really know much about the possibility of any prescription assistance in this department...

So anyway, thanks in advance for any/all advice! We're landing around noon-time, so I'm hoping we can spend the rest of that day having fun, rather than trying to calm down ;)

This is more of a Cruise thing, but i've heard it works for flight as well. These SeaBands are cheap and have helped my family on many occasions. Not sure if it's all in the head or if they actually do anything, but if you're nervous about it it may be worth a shot.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Hello all,

I have flown a couple of times in my life, and they were torturous expeditions with tears and nausea and full-on heart-pounding terror (freaking constant turbulence from New Orleans to Maine).

Now I've tried some of the "mind-over-matter" things that have been said will help, but I don't think my brain works appropriately for these kinds of things because they sure didn't help.

Can anyone suggest any methods/medications/anything that might help make my trip in 31 days from Maine to Florida bearable? I don't take any kind of meds except multivitamins and sometimes Advil, so I don't really know much about the possibility of any prescription assistance in this department...

So anyway, thanks in advance for any/all advice! We're landing around noon-time, so I'm hoping we can spend the rest of that day having fun, rather than trying to calm down ;)
Talk to you Dr. He can prescribe a single dose of Xanax for your flight.

Check out some online resources on mental reminders and techniques to manage anxiety and panic attacks.

And I echo what @Disneyhead said contact your doctor about the issue and they can provide medical help.

This is more of a Cruise thing, but i've heard it works for flight as well. These SeaBands are cheap and have helped my family on many occasions. Not sure if it's all in the head or if they actually do anything, but if you're nervous about it it may be worth a shot.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

My understanding are those are mainly for motion sickness. They might help with the nausea, but this seems like an anxiety issue more than anything.