Food Truck Festival at Portofino Bay | Inside Universal Forums

Food Truck Festival at Portofino Bay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Orlando Informer reports that on November 3, the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will be hosting a food truck gathering that anyone is welcome to attend and enjoy some great food.

Universal’s Portofino Bay Hotel hosts first-ever Harborside Food Truck Festival November 3

Yesterday, just when I was starting to catch my breath after Universal sent out an open invitation to their (rumored) Transformers announcement, yet another invitation arrived in my inbox: on Saturday, November 3, Portofino Bay Hotel will be hosting their very first food truck festival.

Okay, so this isn’t quite as exciting as getting the official announcement for Transformers: The Ride. Nevertheless, the event certainly has its own appeal. For those unfamiliar with the location, Portofino Bay Hotel is Universal’s flagship on-site resort property. Its buildings and layout mirror those of its namesake, Portofino Bay in the Italian Riviera, and its Harbor Piazza is one of the best settings anywhere in Orlando for an event.

In the email blast about the food truck festival, a PDF file was included stating the following details:

Harborside Food Truck Festival
Friday, November 3, 2012, from 6:00 – 9:00pm

Specialties from the chefs at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando

• Pumpkin Ravioli, Braised Pancetta
  • Italian Seafood Salad
  • Tiramisu
  • Carrot Cake
Participating local food trucks

Last edited:
Was anyone here able to make it to this?

Orlando Informer updated the article with photos from the event......

ibe8zYTyAbNMPx.jpg

ibbn63230gZQsh.jpg

iboqhUapPtylc3.jpg

izH9iIJyS9gm8.jpg

Oh wow totally missed this! Just like Frenzy my only day off was for the Transformers announcement as well.