Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughghghghghghghghgh

I hope it's not for the 3D "upgrade"
I would guess that's what it's for. And that way FJ Hollywood gets their grand opening in April before Orlando can roll out their 3D...It seems like the 3D reviews I've read lately are considerably better than the initial reviews. And, I believe the Quidditch style goggles are in now for Hollywood. At first I was skeptical, but after the last reviews I've read, a "possible" conversion doesn't bother me.

Yesssssss. If it is true, I'd say this is a pretty good clue that Kong could be open in May. I don't see a better excuse to close their parks most popular attraction.
Yeah, that's probably why the're pushing for a quick soft opening. Everything is starting to fall into place.

As someone who has been to FJ at USH, I'll say this.

The 3D itself, is a great addition to it. But, I wouldn't consider it to be necessary, as its already a fantastic ride. I'm just curious to see if Handz is actually going to pop up if this is happening.

as long as its back open by june 23, then all its right with the world.. if not, they will have the wrath of a 12 year old whos first visit is coming up upon them :)

Is 10 days long enough to upgrade to 3D? I would think they would need more time than that. Also, I would also want the other upgrades to make 3D worth it.

Correct me if Im wrong but I heard they added more spiders to the scene

I had not heard that, but I didn't follow Hollywood's stuff much at all

Is 10 days long enough to upgrade to 3D? I would think they would need more time than that. Also, I would also want the other upgrades to make 3D worth it.

Japan did it overnight, basically.

Also, I'm not sure what they could do with the lockers. As I understand it USH's are better because their Filch's Emporium is smaller and the lockers are pushed back into it there.

On one hand, this would be cool, but on another hand... geez. Universal, you realize that closing the most popular ride in the entire resort on a very short notice might not be a great idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.