Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forum Upgrade Downtime

Everything does look nice and ill have to get used to everything, but just wanted to share my thanks to this staff for all the work they put into this site. I love coming here almost daily for so many different discussions and such it really gives me something to look forward to. Love it!

Only issue I have if this feels like Facebook in some ways now haha. I even checked my Facebook to see if I posted anything from here on there (don't even think this is connected to my FB lol) so thats my only worry/cocnern but thats more likely my issue haha.

My thoughts on the new look.
EUJjrQX.gif

:grin:

Minor issue in the grand scheme of things - forced to re-authenticate after the forum updates and was not prompted for 2FA when logging in - can this be reinstated?

Everything is looking nice, the only thing I have to add here is about the automerge feature. On one hand, I really like this as a mod, but it does hamper the experience in some ways because if a thread has sat dormant and you were the last person to post in it, it will still automerge and it then doesn't show up in the new posts section. This happened to me when I was trying to post in a thread that I happened to be the last poster in, but there was no posts in the thread for over a month. Is there a way you can set a time when the automerge is active and after that it allows for new posts from anyone?

I killed it for now.

Minor issue in the grand scheme of things - forced to re-authenticate after the forum updates and was not prompted for 2FA when logging in - can this be reinstated?

Should be working. I'll look into it.

Not sure what its like for everyone else on mobile, but the site is definitely not great on mobile right now. Ads staying with me the entire time I scroll down, hard for some things to adjust to my screen when I click on a thread, and the reactions aren't working. Im not a very tech savvy person so I'm not sure if this is just my phone being an issue or just needs more time to adjust to mobile? Figured id mention it.

Honestly though other than that Im digging the changes here. Everything feels a bit more cohesive snd easy to navigate on my laptop. Haven't done much work today because of it and with the SNW news tomorrow can't imagine I'll get much done then, either. Thanks as always to the IU team for all your hard work for making this place happen!

Is there anyway to get the forum breadcrumbs/navigation to appear below the last post on a page as well as the top (where it currently is)? It was there before.

When I get to the bottom of a page (especially if it's the last page of a thread), we no longer have the option to click on the forum name to go back unless you scroll all the way back to the top of the page.

Is there anyway to get the forum breadcrumbs/navigation to appear below the last post on a page as well as the top (where it currently is)? It was there before.

When I get to the bottom of a page (especially if it's the last page of a thread), we no longer have the option to click on the forum name to go back unless you scroll all the way back to the top of the page.
I know on mobile at least there are arrows on the bottom right of the screen (they follow the scroll) that will allow you to jump to the top or bottom of the page. Does that help?

I know on mobile at least there are arrows on the bottom right of the screen (they follow the scroll) that will allow you to jump to the top or bottom of the page. Does that help?

Good for mobile for the time being indeed!

I’m amazed you’ve managed to get it running so smoothly so quickly tbh.

After a few of these... you learn. :lol:

Should be there now.

It's looking great. I quite liked the hexagon avatars as it linked to the IU logo - but don't mind either way.
It's feeling a bit more familiar with all the things you are working on.

Another thing I just noticed - when you attach pics they somehow look way better quality than they used to?!?

On the whole I think you did a great job @Brian G. , especially getting little issues fixed so fast. The only thing that's weird for me now is how similar it now looks to Magic (especially with both site's using blue as the primary color). Hopefully once you get the logo put in at the top that'll make it a little less weird :lol:

On the whole I think you did a great job @Brian G. , especially getting little issues fixed so fast. The only thing that's weird for me now is how similar it now looks to Magic (especially with both site's using blue as the primary color). Hopefully once you get the logo put in at the top that'll make it a little less weird :lol:

The logo should be there now. If it's not showing up, it may be cookies/cache related.