FP+ Going away for Parades and Fireworks | Inside Universal Forums

FP+ Going away for Parades and Fireworks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IzzyB

V.I.P. Member
May 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
So you won't be able to get fast passes for Parades and Fireworks anymore. People are wondering if this is bringing in more paid events or if they are just going away. My thought on this is that it is one of the many cost cutting measures we are seeing. This would get rid of employees who had to man these areas. I know for fireworks there was multiple areas and each area would need at least one employee.

On a side note, I looked at April 22nd for the new AK night show and it is not listed on FP+. So I wonder if they will do this and maybe this will be a start of all the parks removing FP+ for parades and night time shows.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, that's what they've been saying on the Disney oriented sites. Pure cost cutting move. Supposedly they're also in the process of eliminating staffing at many of the second check points on fast pass lines. Those were placed to eliminate line jumping. I guess Disney doesn't care about line jumping anymore.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not having FP+ for RoL would cause chaos with only 5,000 seating capacity. It needs FP much like WoC does.

Yes, I also heard the second checkpoint went away. But the interesting part is I saw this at Epcot where the FP+ things were covered up, but the staffing was still there. Because that is where the lines merge and they still have to stop the lines. So I didn't think that was a cost cutting measure but more of a trying to make things more efficient and see if line jumping becomes an issue.

Just curious because I forget, does Universal have a second scan? I don't remember a second scan, but it was a long time ago when we had our GAP passes.

Not having FP+ for RoL would cause chaos with only 5,000 seating capacity. It needs FP much like WoC does.

Yeah I think it may be needed, but so far there is nothing out there. I plan on checking again in 2 days to see if they have them for Sunday, that is when I am trying to go in the 25th. So I put a reminder in my phone to try and get fast passes for that day. But I was shocked when I didn't see any for the 23rd.

good a step in the right direction.Now get ride of fp for spaceship earth,living with the land,the great movie ride,Ellens energy adventure,haunted mansion,pirates of the Caribbean,and any other ride that had shorter lines without fast-pass.

I actually liked Fast Pass Fireworks. I tend to cram as much into my day as possible. So I hate having to "camp out" for a good viewing spot an hour before the fireworks show. Just feels like a giant waste of time. I enjoyed just showing up 5 mins before the show starts and relaxing on the lawn.

I actually liked Fast Pass Fireworks. I tend to cram as much into my day as possible. So I hate having to "camp out" for a good viewing spot an hour before the fireworks show. Just feels like a giant waste of time. I enjoyed just showing up 5 mins before the show starts and relaxing on the lawn.
Not gonna lie, as a local, I did too. It was a nice, calming way to watch Wishes. Always had a lot of space and never felt like I had to "camp out" as said above.

So which Fast Pass stop are they going to remove? The first one or the second one? I could see pros/cons to both. The fast pass at the entrance helps deter the idiots that can't read, or are oblivious to their surroundings. The second one helps with line skipping. I would hope they remove the first one, but I bet it will be the second one.

The other positive is that the lines should move a little quicker than before. Unless of course, people start skipping the line.

So which Fast Pass stop are they going to remove? The first one or the second one? I could see pros/cons to both. The fast pass at the entrance helps deter the idiots that can't read, or are oblivious to their surroundings. The second one helps with line skipping. I would hope they remove the first one, but I bet it will be the second one.

The other positive is that the lines should move a little quicker than before. Unless of course, people start skipping the line.
I'm trying to figure out what you mean.

ALL FP locations for fireworks and parades are done at MK and Epcot. It's back to being a free for all like it was pre-MM+.

Sorry, kind of off topic, but someone mentioned that part of the "staff cuts" would be only using one fast pass station on rides.

You know, now there is two. One in the front, and one right before the ride itself. So my question is, which "stop" are they cutting?

its more because people where jumping in line at that point.So by cutting it to one it forces the fp people to single file making it harder to jump.

Sorry, kind of off topic, but someone mentioned that part of the "staff cuts" would be only using one fast pass station on rides.

You know, now there is two. One in the front, and one right before the ride itself. So my question is, which "stop" are they cutting?

They are cutting the second one and again this won't cut staff because they still need staff at the merge point for most rides.

As a local we never did the firework FP. I just watch the Fireworks wherever we are and never camp out. I have watched them from all over the park and have some favorite spots, but none that I would camp out for. We also always do the second parade so no camping out for parades either. We get funnel cake and relax while watching the second parade.

They are cutting the second one and again this won't cut staff because they still need staff at the merge point for most rides.

As a local we never did the firework FP. I just watch the Fireworks wherever we are and never camp out. I have watched them from all over the park and have some favorite spots, but none that I would camp out for. We also always do the second parade so no camping out for parades either. We get funnel cake and relax while watching the second parade.
Ahhhh. The B&B bridge. Hardly anyone back there and a really interesting perspective of the fireworks. Relaxing & away from the maddening crowd.

Some of my favorite spots to watch from are by Storybook Circus and the Tangled Restroom area. Also right by Beast's castle is nice.

Reactions: ynnoj and Mad Dog
I may use this tip next time. I guess the issue is that you wouldn't have the castle projections in the back ground.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I may use this tip next time. I guess the issue is that you wouldn't have the castle projections in the back ground.
Yeah, that's really the only negative. I actually thought the fireworks display is better from the back. They're kind of like stereo fireworks. you have the FW they shoot from the Castle area and the FW they shoot from somewhere behind the Beasts castle, and you're in the middle. .....And this is one of the reasons I'm on OU. To get these fantastic tips. I had read about the alternate viewing areas on an OU thread. I had never even thought about that, and always did the uncomfortable squeeze into the front of the castle area. So in last years vacation at WDW I tried out the tip and loved the experience. I can't remember who on this forum posted that tip, but I'm forever grateful. :thumbsup:

Reactions: IzzyB
I never understood these FPs, parades and fireworks are just public street show, so if you want to see it get there early. Unless you are paying for some kind of VIP tour, there is no reason to be segregating and giving VIP treatment to regular paying customers.... including hotel guests, there's plenty of other benefits they can enjoy. To me this just a show out in the open so there should not be divided area all over (except for pathways for those who are just passing through). Why is it that people want to go to a theme park, and expect to not deal with a theme park? I know society and TV injects in your brain that you are special and you deserve, you deserve and you deserve, but never forget that's what is being injected in every single person's brain around you. So I guess that even things out.

Some of my favorite spots to watch from are by Storybook Circus and the Tangled Restroom area. Also right by Beast's castle is nice.

Storybook Circus is a good one. I don't think I have ever done Tangled Restroom. We do Tomorrowland bridge to the hub a couple times as we are over at Space Mountain. We have also done near Beast castle before that part was built and that was good too.

Like I said, so many places that camping out is just not my thing.

Honestly even when I can see the castle I really don't look at it much. I do sometimes catch the projection show while in line for funnel cake before the parade. That is pretty neat, but not a must see for me.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts