Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

FP+ Rules Enforcement

Jul 13, 2011
Tampa, FL
Jut a quick note...

FP+ booking rules enforcement rolls out today at WDW.

If you book a Fastpass+ using a ticket that isnt used for admission and then redeem that FP+ your account will be locked and you'll have to go to guest relations or call to have it unlocked.

Further attempts to use tickets in a similar manner will revoke access to the FP+ system entirely.

Yes, I read about that yesterday. Seems some people have been scamming the system for the past few years and Disney finally decided to crack down on the abuse. I wonder how widespread it was, supposedly some tour guides were using it to get extra fastpasses for their customers. "If" it was really widespread, perhaps it will help to get those long stand by lines a bit shorter.

Yes, I read about that yesterday. Seems some people have been scamming the system for the past few years and Disney finally decided to crack down on the abuse. I wonder how widespread it was, supposedly some tour guides were using it to get extra fastpasses for their customers. "If" it was really widespread, perhaps it will help to get those long stand by lines a bit shorter.

The way it's worded, it's like "do it again, we shut you down and explain why you cant - do it again after that and you're done-done."

I think it's being rolled out this way to avoid the crush of phone calls if they just hut down every offender ever and make it clear this is the policy, not start a witch hunt.

CM's did it all the time, because they have 3 guest passes even if they only amit themselves and 1 guest. But CMs can also only book 7-day in advance, so it's not like they were taking headliners.

From actual use i've seen, CMs would often plan for themselves and friends via their 3 guest passes and then the CMs would use their own admits to get into a park, so in theory that's gone as a planning option. All these CMs have to link accounts now.

That's cool. On another note, I recently was trying to give away my FP+ for Pandora's FoP from last Saturday since I couldn't make it. No one I asked was available but I wanted to try transferring the FP+ to see if it would work. What I was going to try was adding another person as a Friend to my account, then just modifying the party to just them.

I also saw this the other day. I was at WDW a week ago and finally got to see just how crazy FP+ has made the park dynamics. Prior to this visit, I had been to the parks during the paper FP days and had good experiences, even though running around the park with everyone's cards could often be a pain. This new system, however, makes even the people eater attractions ridiculous in terms of having to wait on line for SE, JIYI, IASW, HM. The ratio of FP+ to standby riders that they control is unbelievable to me, so I am glad they are trying to at least give infrequent visitors a chance for FP+ availability.

So wait.. they spent a billion on this tech...and it wasn't even as abuse-proof as the paper ticket system? What were they thinking?

Just curious...how were people able to use a FP+ for a ticket that isn't used for admission than use it? (I've never been to WDW so haven't used FP+ myself, but just trying to figure out how this was even possible to abuse.)

Just curious...how were people able to use a FP+ for a ticket that isn't used for admission than use it? (I've never been to WDW so haven't used FP+ myself, but just trying to figure out how this was even possible to abuse.)

Various ways - mostly from things like a phantom party member. The system didn't check that the ticket was used to enter the park and didn't cancel FP+ If the ticket was canceled even.

So say you're linked to friends who are APs. Book FP+ for them at the 60 days for resort guests and say they're in your room. Get the bands shipped to you - use the band it assigns them for the FP but not for park admission. You might of even been able to cancel the reservation completely and still use those FP. I'm not even positive that canceling a reservation that included tickets would cancel FP. Like dining, once booked I think they sit there on their own.

This seems like a stupid way to implement this. In other words they're still going to allow it to happen and then when it does lock your account. Maybe just blocking the FP from working without admission in the first place would be a better idea. Knowing what I know of Disney IT though they probably have some convoluted reason why their computer system can't do that.

I think it had something to do with creating dummy MDE accounts so you could create FastPass for these different accounts on different bands? I don't know. The point is even the paper ticket system recognized if you had used the ticket for entry or not before giving you a FP. Huge loophole they left wide open.

I think it had something to do with creating dummy MDE accounts so you could create FastPass for these different accounts on different bands? I don't know. The point is even the paper ticket system recognized if you had used the ticket for entry or not before giving you a FP. Huge loophole they left wide open.
The original FP kiosks were a very simple electronic system that could easily read if you had an invalid ticket as you said.

Not to defend Disney, but once you turn that simplistic system into a complicated and very large software program, things like this are bound to pop up with any program. That's why they are in the process of fixing it.

I still have yet to read an actual post from someone that they couldn't use one of these phantom fastpasses. But then again the biggest forums are trying not to talk about it.

I still have yet to read an actual post from someone that they couldn't use one of these phantom fastpasses. But then again the biggest forums are trying not to talk about it.

A lot of the noise in the community is from CMs/TMs. A lot used this loophole frequently, why unnecessarily draw attention to yourself? Just look at how many people had FoP/River Journey FP the first few days after grand opening.

What do you mean? Not sure what happens

It's easier and simpler to wave guests in/fake scan the hands of the FP+/MDX system goes down than troubleshoot.

What happens to the people that use the Express Bus service? They get scanned in at one park but have fastpasses booked at the second park.