Free Admission to Blizzard Beach in May for Passholders | Inside Universal Forums

Free Admission to Blizzard Beach in May for Passholders

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From the Disney Passholder facebook:

Get ready to splash into fun! On Thursday, May 9 & 16, Passholders can enjoy complimentary admission to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00pm! For details: http://di.sn/dBL

Any level of annual pass? If you have the premium its already included and not really a valve. That would be the best day to go to Typhoon Lagoon since everyone will be going to BB :lol:

Three hours in a water park? They could at least keep it open a little longer or allow you to come in at noon... sheesh. I thought about taking my daughter to this until I realized it is only three hours.

Three hours in a water park? They could at least keep it open a little longer or allow you to come in at noon... sheesh. I thought about taking my daughter to this until I realized it is only three hours.

I see your point, but 3 hours is more than enough time for me in a water park :ears:. It's really worth it to just keep riding Crush n' Gusher :lol:

While 3 hours might sound short, you can get everything done in that timeframe from my experience.

I hear a lot of complaints on this board and others that Disney doesn't respect it's pass holders, that Disney doesn't give it's pass holders extra things (despite the fact that they paid for and are receiving unlimited access to the number one vacation destination in the world). I've even seen them put down in a comparison to how Six Flags does pass holder events. Like the Six Flags 3 hour Coaster After Dark events.

This is a special perk people, if you don't like it don't go. But don't whine about how it's only three hours. It's free.

I can't believe Disney never added one slide to this after opening in 1995.

Im not sure that is entirely true. I have only been to Blizzard Beach once around 1996 (yes im a bad passholder :lol:) and am about 90% sure that the Downhill Double Dipper was not there at that time. Im not sure if Tikes Peak was also added after that time frame but it may have been, dont recall seeing that either but I wasn't exactly looking for the kiddie sections :lol:

I know this is entirely Disney fault, but there's not really an expansion pad. The park is boxed in by two streets, two parking lots and the entrance plaza.

It would require a lot of capital and a complete rework of the entrance area and parking lot to expand. Really weird considering the amount of space they own that they boxed it in (kinda like Disney Hollywood Studios)

I hear a lot of complaints on this board and others that Disney doesn't respect it's pass holders, that Disney doesn't give it's pass holders extra things (despite the fact that they paid for and are receiving unlimited access to the number one vacation destination in the world). I've even seen them put down in a comparison to how Six Flags does pass holder events. Like the Six Flags 3 hour Coaster After Dark events.

This is a special perk people, if you don't like it don't go. But don't whine about how it's only three hours. It's free.

I get what you are saying. But giving people a perk that the majority of people that are passholders won't be able to take advantage of seems like not much of a perk. I mean kids are in school, people are working, etc. So my complaint of three hours was if I am going to take time off of work to take advantage of this "perk" I would hope for more than just three hours. Make it worth me taking off work to do.

I also think Disney is sometimes silly for the things they do. I would think more people will eat at Uni than will eat at Disney as a passholder. Because you get a dining discount at Uni. So you would think they could make more money off of passholders if they would just add a 10% discount. I think they would make more than they would lose from a discount. I also think this was another silly thing. Because passholders look at it and go, really? Three hours...no thank you. That is what I did. So they missed out on me going there, paying for parking (if it isn't free), and buying food from them on a Thursday. They would have made money off of me, but now they won't. Their lose.

I get what you are saying. But giving people a perk that the majority of people that are passholders won't be able to take advantage of seems like not much of a perk. I mean kids are in school, people are working, etc. So my complaint of three hours was if I am going to take time off of work to take advantage of this "perk" I would hope for more than just three hours. Make it worth me taking off work to do.

I also think Disney is sometimes silly for the things they do. I would think more people will eat at Uni than will eat at Disney as a passholder. Because you get a dining discount at Uni. So you would think they could make more money off of passholders if they would just add a 10% discount. I think they would make more than they would lose from a discount. I also think this was another silly thing. Because passholders look at it and go, really? Three hours...no thank you. That is what I did. So they missed out on me going there, paying for parking (if it isn't free), and buying food from them on a Thursday. They would have made money off of me, but now they won't. Their lose.

Fair point that no one is going to move any plans to attend this, but I'd rather they offer the three hour window then nothing at all. Just because it's not right for you or I doesn't mean it won't be PACKED for those three hours. And hopefully if it is packed they'll keep doing things like it.

PS. Parking is free at the Disney water parks

Fair point that no one is going to move any plans to attend this, but I'd rather they offer the three hour window then nothing at all. Just because it's not right for you or I doesn't mean it won't be PACKED for those three hours. And hopefully if it is packed they'll keep doing things like it.

PS. Parking is free at the Disney water parks

Agreed, better than nothing and I am sure some passholders will attend.

I hope they do. I would love for Orlando management to start pandering to the pass holders like Anaheim does.

I hope they do. I would love for Orlando management to start pandering to the pass holders like Anaheim does.
Ain't gonna happen. The only time that TDO pandered to locals/passholders is right after 9/11 and the hotel OccRate dropped to 20%. Then Disney was begging locals to come. Then the tourists came back and the pandering to locals ended. Bottomline is TDO isn't really interested in locals because TDO only cares about hotel OccRates and locals don't stay in their over priced hotels all that often. Therefore Disney has little use for locals. As a matter of fact, locals just get in the way of the perks offered to hotel guests. The free dining that they offer has ruined dining at Disney and any local that gets a table is a table they can't use as a free perk to entice tourists to stay at their hotels. And trust me they make MUCH more in room sales than dining because people that stay in the rooms buy park passes, merchandise, and food on top of the free food offered.

Last edited: