Front Row of Hulk? | Inside Universal Forums

Front Row of Hulk?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 20, 2015
Hi everyone:)

I have ridden the Hulk twice and Loved it (3rd row both times) and I am curious to know how much more intense the first row is compared to the 3rd row. I want to try it next time we go to the parks.

My husband has been in the front row once, and he said that it seemed somewhat slower to him. Granted though, they had to close the ride right after he got off of it and it was down for an hour or two due to what I'm assuming was some kind of technical difficulty, not sure..could that have had something to do with it too?

Not gonna lie, I'm still a bit new to rollercoasters...at 34 years old...LOL.

Back row is the best. Front row gets pushed into elements and the back row gets pulled through. The variance of speed for each row at various track positions makes for vastly different ride experiences. Front is usually smoother and the back is more intense With the getting whipped through elements of the coaster.

Reactions: Brervixen
Yeah, the front row has the incredible unobstructed view, whereas the back row offers the more intense ride, thanks to the "whip" effect. The line for the front is always the longest, so I usually jump into the back row and enjoy my wild ride! The most mellow rides are in the middle of the train usually.

That's awesome, of all my years riding this ride I've never done the front row because of the line. I'll be sure to try it next time maybe I'll like the ride better

I agree with everyone, back row is my favorite with the whip effect. Front row is fun when the line is really short but I wouldn't wait any large length of time for it

Sjago said it all already ... front row is less intense but has a more psychological effect, it really is not worth an extra half hour wait though. Last Row is always very intense and has much more moments of drastic acceleration and deceleration. If you want to do fron row, just make sure you are there first thing in the morning.

For the Hulk, I prefer the front row for the view, but back row can't be discounted. Do both.

(May 2015)

(Feb 2015)

Back row is the best. Front row gets pushed into elements and the back row gets pulled through. The variance of speed for each row at various track positions makes for vastly different ride experiences. Front is usually smoother and the back is more intense With the getting whipped through elements of the coaster.

Every row travels at the same speed as the others all of the time.
The acceleration and deceleration forces do make it feel different though.

Every row travels at the same speed as the others all of the time.
The acceleration and deceleration forces do make it feel different though.

I said at various track positions. As in compare the speed of each row at the same location of track.

Personally I like Front Row far left seat. When you come out of the tunnel into the first turn it looks and feels like you will fly out. Scariest part of the ride experience IMO

Love the front row, but I more than usual prefer the back. Mostly because of the "whipping" action as mentioned on here. And also because I love to see the train as it turns and loops.

Reactions: Jon84
I wish I had the balls to ride this. I've always been scared of roller coasters. I've recently conquered my fear a bit by going on Space Mountain, Aero Smith Rockin Roller Coaster and The Mummy. That still isn't saying much. Just watching this ride in action made me scared haha.

I wish I had the balls to ride this. I've always been scared of roller coasters. I've recently conquered my fear a bit by going on Space Mountain, Aero Smith Rockin Roller Coaster and The Mummy. That still isn't saying much. Just watching this ride in action made me scared haha.

I know what you mean to an extent. I had never ridden an inverted coaster back in 1999 until I challenged myself to ride hulk. I was alone and my palms were sweating like crazy, but aboard I hopped. Soon after I decided to try DD/DC and was completely horrified at the g-forces in all directions. I rode it again a few times but always got off having become a basket case.

Hulk is now like a kiddie ride comparatively as it has a floor and no forward g-forces.

I know what you mean to an extent. I had never ridden an inverted coaster back in 1999 until I challenged myself to ride hulk. I was alone and my palms were sweating like crazy, but aboard I hopped. Soon after I decided to try DD/DC and was completely horrified at the g-forces in all directions. I rode it again a few times but always got off having become a basket case.

Hulk is now like a kiddie ride comparatively as it has a floor and no forward g-forces.

So is it really as bad as it looks? What about Rip Ride? I definitely won't do Dragon Challenge. It's that crazy stomach feeling I hate, not to mention I'm terrified of heights.

So is it really as bad as it looks? What about Rip Ride? I definitely won't do Dragon Challenge. It's that crazy stomach feeling I hate, not to mention I'm terrified of heights.

Not at all... it is really really fun and the inversions are really smooth and feel like slow motion. The only part that I feel the negative g-force is after the break run out back that slows the cars a bit and that just tickles.

Can't speak about the other two since I'm in the same camp as you but Rockit isn't very intense. The lift hill is always uncomfortable but the rest is fun. If you can handle Everest and RNRC with no problem Rockit is a piece of cake.

Rip Ride Rock It is a very mild coaster once you get through the initial terrifying and blinding lift. When it was new before the wheels got a little rough it was incredibly smooth, and depending on the RV (have they replaced all the wheels yet?) can still be very smooth. Wouldn't really say it has any inversions though.

Hulk, there is no build up you are out and on a wild ride without your brain having a chance to process what you just did. This was my first real roller coaster (was terrified of anything more than Thunder Mountain and heights). After that I loved coasters.

DD: still a very good coaster but can leave you a bit disoriented.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life