Frontierland Refurb? | Inside Universal Forums

Frontierland Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Lately there's been a rumor going around on WDWMagic (not sure if that's accurate or not) that after SDMT opens Frontierland will be getting a refurb. This would include closing Tom Sawyer Island and replacing it with the Western River Expedition and a Lone Ranger ride. Supposedly the expansion depends on how sucessful The Lone Ranger is next year. What are your thoughts?

UPDATE: I forgot to add that ROA might get removed and turn Liberty Belle into a restaurant.

Last edited:
Tomorrowland needs replacements for Stitch and Monsters. I'm ok with the look of the theme.

You know, I think Tomorrowland gets way too much crap for its look. Does it look like the land of the future? No, but I feel it fits in at Magic Kingdom. The attractions are what need work, not necessarily the look.

Tomorrowland needs replacements for Stitch and Monsters. I'm ok with the look of the theme.

I think the exterior of Space Mountain can uses some updating IMO

- - - Updated - - -

You're okay with the Speedway area? The ugly CoP area?:lol:

I really think Speedway should go bye bye and bring in something that totally blows us away. I can ride go carts anywhere and not be on a rail.

1.) Tomorrowland
2.) Adventureland
3.) Frontierland

Tomorrowland is just completely broken. Adventureland could use a ride, but it's generally okay. Other than Splash Mountain being disastrous, I'm okay with Frontierland right now.

Tomorrowland definetly needs it first. This includes replacing the Speedway with a Lightcycle coaster, replacing Stitch with ANYTHING, and replacing Monsters Inc. with something futuristic. Adventureland could use Fire Mountain or IJ, but it's fine elsewhere. As for closing TSI, if WRE replaces it I'm ok. Lone Ranger on the other hand, I'm not.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I think Tomorrowland gets way too much crap for its look. Does it look like the land of the future? No, but I feel it fits in at Magic Kingdom. The attractions are what need work, not necessarily the look.

Exactly. :thumbs:

I really think Speedway should go bye bye and bring in something that totally blows us away. I can ride go carts anywhere and not be on a rail.

We can all dream, right? :pray:

WRE has long been dead and gone. Wouldn't fit over there anyway.

Uh, yes it would. They would just have to get rid of ROA and turn the Liberty Belle into a restaurant.

Everyone needs to see Tron 3 and help it make $1B so we can get a Tomorrowland overhaul and lightcycle coaster.

1312575684456.jpg

Ya know what is sad? No one here can decide what part of the highest grossing and attended theme park on the planet needs help more because the powers in control let it diminish so badly. The entire place needs TLC.

1.) Tomorrowland
2.) Adventureland
3.) Frontierland

Tomorrowland is just completely broken. Adventureland could use a ride, but it's generally okay. Other than Splash Mountain being disastrous, I'm okay with Frontierland right now.

This, all the way!

They really need to get New Fantasyland working before they move on to a new area. Mermaid had broken figures all over and it kept going down today. I can't speak for enchanted tales but if mermaid can't last a week I'm afraid what the next few years will bring.

I honestly don't think that MK will have another big refurd after all that has been happening in Fantasyland! I think it will have a year or more break and they will revile plans for a big new attractions in another park!

I honestly don't think that MK will have another big refurd after all that has been happening in Fantasyland! I think it will have a year or more break and they will revile plans for a big new attractions in another park!

Once FL is done we might expect Cars Land in 2015(?) and whenever the hell Avatar opens :lol: