Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
From poster PhotoDave219 over on the MAGICal site, comes an interesting Frozen rumor:

Here's a fun rumor....

Apparently there talk of a Frozen stage show at DHS in the premiere theatre.

There's also a m&g proposed and frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night.

This would be starting very soon, if true.

Thoughts?

When asked further about it, he said:

I have no idea on the actual details… but I'm pretty sure this is coming together in a hurry, should actually happen.

But again, it's a rumor… And anything can happen.

How soon? July.

So there you have it. Nothing is official until it's official, but if it happens, it certainly looks like it will likely be on the cheap as he mentions them wanting it to be open next month, likely to take advantage of the Potter crowds.

From twitter now it looks like they want this open for July 4th through September for right now.

Disney??? Doing something quick??? Hahahahaha I don't see anything construction wise, happening within a year or 2. What would be a smart idea for them to do is have a Frozen show at DHS, and then a ride in another park. That way the tourists who would normally just visit MK would shell out more cash to see both...

Last edited:
A real Frozen attraction would be very smart for Disney to open, though a quick money grab like this won't benefit anyone.
I feel like overall, Frozen fans are getting screwed by what they are trying to do with this franchise. I wouldn't have a problem with this on the whole if it wasn't so rushed. A stage show can't possibly be well written, costumed or given proper sets in the short amount of time they are talking about trying to get this open. And a re-do of an 80's boat ride (because a boat ride makes a ton of sense for a ride based on a movie called Frozen...) is nothing that will be even close to groundbreaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Disney??? Doing something quick??? Hahahahaha I don't see anything construction wise, happening within a year or 2.
This won't require any actual construction though. The show would go in the currently empty/used for events Premiere Theatre and there would be fireworks themed to Frozen nightly. There would also be a M&G.

It's basically a quick thing to get all those people coming down for Potter this summer to spend some of that Gringotts money on Frozen merch, should it happen.

Last edited:
well at least a show will be better than waiting 5 hours for just a meet and greet, so yeah this will at least be somewhat better.

as far as quality, I guess as long as they just play the songs with the actors singing it will be good enough. Like Beauty and the beast show. that show is pretty but it it just the songs played in order, so technically they can just have the main songs play for the show and be done with it.

I know this is not the greatest but at least is something lol

I feel like overall, the true Frozen fans are getting screwed by what they are trying to do with this franchise. I wouldn't have a problem with this on the whole if it wasn't so rushed. A stage show can't possibly be well written, costumed or given proper sets in the short amount of time they are talking about trying to get this open. And a re-do of an 80's boat ride (because a boat ride makes a ton of sense for a ride based on a movie called Frozen...) is nothing that will be even close to groundbreaking.

- - - Updated - - -

This won't require any actual construction though. The show would go in the currently empty/used for events Premiere Theatre and there would be fireworks themed to Frozen nightly. There would also be a M&G.

If they used a "sled" as a ride vehicle like Kristoff uses to carry the ice he sells, that would allow them to navigate through show scenes more freely, instead of being confined to a to a boat on a "river." Idk, just my opinion...:shrug:

If they used a "sled" as a ride vehicle like Kristoff uses to carry the ice he sells, that would allow them to navigate through show scenes more freely, instead of being confined to a to a boat on a "river." Idk, just my opinion...:shrug:
I had thought of that as well, but the latest I had heard was that they are going to try and re-use the Ride Vehicles.

I really hate this mentality of "if you want something amazing you have to wait a couple years but if you want something sh**ty now then here you go!!!" God I hate TDO, I can only imagine a board meeting with them where everybody is talking as slow as possible
Member 1- so....frozen ride?
Member 2- ........ehhhhhhnhhhhhhh frozen shooooooooooow

- - - Updated - - -

well at least a show will be better than waiting 5 hours for just a meet and greet, so yeah this will at least be somewhat better.

as far as quality, I guess as long as they just play the songs with the actors singing it will be good enough. Like Beauty and the beast show. that show is pretty but it it just the songs played in order, so technically they can just have the main songs play for the show and be done with it.

I know this is not the greatest but at least is something lol
Why not make an actual show like Aladdin at Cali? A FULL show, that beauty and the beast formula just won't cut it for something like this

I really hate this mentality of "if you want something amazing you have to wait a couple years but if you want something sh**ty now then here you go!!!" God I hate TDO, I can only imagine a board meeting with them where everybody is talking as slow as possible
Member 1- so....frozen ride?
Member 2- ........ehhhhhhnhhhhhhh frozen shooooooooooow

- - - Updated - - -

Why not make an actual show like Aladdin at Cali? A FULL show, that beauty and the beast formula just won't cut it for something like this
With how popular the M&G's are, something like this will definitely be a draw, but i'd definitely prefer they take their time to do a proper show rather than a rush job.

Well if this is happening it may not be a rushed as we think. If I remember correctly, back in January it was confirmed that a stage show was in development. Now I know that doesn't seem to mean much but hey they put that Ice Show together pretty quickly. They probably have costumes ready, sets could look really nice even if done simple.

Wouldn't it be cool if it was a iceploration like show? I say build a giant ass broadway style theater because the seats WILL be filled and if frozen gets somewhat dated it'll he a easy fix onto something else

Well if this is happening it may not be a rushed as we think. If I remember correctly, back in January it was confirmed that a stage show was in development. Now I know that doesn't seem to mean much but hey they put that Ice Show together pretty quickly. They probably have costumes ready, sets could look really nice even if done simple.
What they confirmed back then was a BROADWAY show was in development. This is totally separate and I assume is a fairly last minute thing, since they didn't talk about it during the Mine Train Press event in early May.

If they did this, and put something on worthwhile (not like a cheap "story time" show), it would be GENIUS. Which is why I doubt that it's true..

If going in the Premier theater, this would not take Idol's place. Premier is down by LMA where Hunchback used to play. Nice enclosed A/C filled theater with pretty large capacity.

Odd to think this as quick. They've known this movie was a hit for awhile. My guess this has been in the works since the spring and just now the leak points have been reached.

Odd to think this as quick. They've known this movie was a hit for awhile. My guess this has been in the works since the spring and just now the leak points have been reached.
According to where the rumor is surfacing from, this is something that has just come about. Plus, you'd think they would've touted this as some huge thing when they had all the bloggers together for SDMT opening had they known about it. But I guess it is possible.

02162012WDWHomeshoolDays1.jpg

I just took a look at the venue again. Forgot about the screens on the side of the stage. Could probably guarantee those will be used. This show could probably easily be set up like the Lion King Harambe nights show where they show clips of the movie and do more of a concert experience. Would be very easy to do and very low budget (and also wouldn't require much of a set).