1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Frozen Ever After

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by Brian G., Jan 3, 2014.

1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

FrozenThread.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I'm thinking I would visit Epcot if this happened..seriously would like to see an update to Malestrom rather than the same ride path and boats

3. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

How much room do they have? Could they add a larger ride? Frozen was a great film but the current ride is so very short.

4. demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Rookie

This would be really interesting if they did it right.

5. natespf

natespf --Classified-- Premium Member

Strike while the iron is hot? That doesn't sound like Disney, someone has been watching their neighbors :wave:

6. Shadow Carelli

Shadow Carelli Member

I don't think they'd use boats, the ocean was all ice and the ships were stuck. They could make the ride vehicle like Kristoff's sled.

7. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Of all the dead spots in Epcot, they'd seriously replace the one decent ride in all the pavilions?

Joel likes this.
  8. Shadow Carelli

Shadow Carelli Member

This ride really needs to happen, It has a lot of potential, but it depends on what Disney wants to, and is willing to do. Disney used to be my favorite theme parks when I was little, I wanted to work for their imagineering team, but several years back they haven't really done much besides throw meet and greets at things and it takes them forever to build something. That's when I switched over to Universal five years ago. I was disappointed. It feels like a majority of Disney's creativity has left them.

9. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

I would love to see maelstrom get an update but I don't think a frozen ride belongs there. Keep the princess rides in magic kingdom and let the world showcase stay as such. Maelstrom is currently epcots third e-ticket ride. While I was honestly blown away by the movie I think it would cheapen the world showcase and didn't tie itself to Norway as strongly as it would need to in order to belong.

10. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Legendary Member

I'll just say I loathe Malstrom and love Frozen.

11. Shadow Carelli

Shadow Carelli Member

I kind of agree with you on that. They could build a mini-land type village like they did with the Tangled rest area and have a Elsa's ice castle be forced perspective in the mountains like what they did with Beast's castle and have the show building hidden away by ice, hills, and trees. Sorry, I'm in a really creative mood today hahahaha.:lol:

12. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

The building is a little smaller than JII, but Maelstrom is two stories and has space to expand a little bit.

13. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

The only reason Frozen did so well was the lack of Holiday Kids selections and even less of a selection of Holiday themed movies.

14. martymcflyy85

martymcflyy85 Veteran Member

I think it has good word of mouth too. I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how much they loved this movie and how its the best Disney movie they've seen in a while. My family loved it, even my wife, and she's as hard to please as they come.

15. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

I'll agree word of mouth has a lot to do with it but again what Holiday movie for young families and kids was out during the entire holiday run? Not much competition.

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

16. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Veteran Member

It doesnt matter why people saw it, just that its gotten a lot of exposure. Regardless of its competition, theres a good chance a large fraction of people walking through the turnstiles saw the movie and thats all that matters.

17. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Exactly. I had to wait almost a half hour just to get seats the other day after two showings before were sold out. Lots of people are seeing it and seeing it again and that's all that matters in this case.

18. TomTheRiddle

TomTheRiddle Rookie

I would still bet Universal completes another 3 rides before this would open. I'm so terribly skeptical of WDO at this point, it's sad.

19. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

Frozen wasn't a holiday movie and it did well thanks to word of mouth. It's in it's 7th weekend and could end up being #1, and there's always people on Twitter saying their theater sold out. For comparison's sake, Rise of the Guardians came out the same week in 2012 yet was a box office bomb.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  20. StarTrekGeek

StarTrekGeek Veteran Member

Maelstrom was nothing memorable, and I think a Frozen ride would do well at EPCOT. So yes, I'm all for it!