Frozen Ever After | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not really a big proponent of replacing original content with new IP stuff in Epcot, however Maelstrom is a bore. Wish they'd re-do the whole thing but that's not going to happen. Frozen does have trolls in it. I'm rather so-so about it. Not a fan of the overall idea, ok with the IP. It's a wash for me.

This is pretty much the only way Malestrom will ever see a significant investment. As long as they spend more money than they did on Gran Fiesta, I'll sleep okay at night.

Frozen: $639,938,00 And maybe getting attraction
Monsters Inc made $562,816,256 it has no attraction and its prequel Monsters University made $743,559,607
Up made $731,342,744 it has no attraction
Wall-e made $521,311,860 it has no attraction
Really other films dont get attractions and this maybe does? :bang:

Monsters Inc made $562,816,256 it has no attraction and its prequel Monsters University made $743,559,607

I thought we'd moved on? First of all: Monsters Inc has TWO attractions and a third one has been in the works for years. Second: the movie hasn't even finished it's run! It's still the #1 movie in the country and has 30 more countries to be released in!

I thought we'd moved on? First of all: Monsters Inc has TWO attractions and a third one has been in the works for years. Second: the movie hasn't even finished it's run! It's still the #1 movie in the country and has 30 more countries to be released in!
But if it was to get a attraction it should be somewhere else

You have to remember if they're adaptable to make into rides. Monsters Inc already has rides, WALLE would be good for a Tomorrowland refurb whenever the hell that is, and Up really can't be made into a ride.

And I am only using Tangled here because Frozen will end up with about the same revenue as Tangled.
Frozen cost $100M less to produce than Tangled ($150M v $250M), so revenue will be greater no matter what at this point, especially given it's already made $40M more worldwide as was stated on the last page.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Frozen yet, so I cannot comment as to how great or bad it would be to put an attraction / ride themed to it, but I do hope they fix and invest in Future World before they touch World Showcase.

World Showcase and F&W Festival are the only reasons that make me even consider going to WDW... And it is the least needy area in all of WDW. In my opinion.

I haven't seen Frozen yet, so I cannot comment as to how great or bad it would be to put an attraction / ride themed to it, but I do hope they fix and invest in Future World before they touch World Showcase.

World Showcase and F&W Festival are the only reasons that make me even consider going to WDW... And it is the least needy area in all of WDW. In my opinion.

But you absolutely don't go to World Showcase to ride Malestorm. Or to ride anything for that matter.

But you absolutely don't go to World Showcase to ride Malestorm. Or to ride anything for that matter.

Right, but in that same vein, Maelstrom (or a Frozen ride there) doesn't and wouldn't impact me and my attendance as much as a renovated Future World or investment elsewhere on the resort :thumbs:

Right, but in that same vein, Maelstrom (or a Frozen ride there) doesn't and wouldn't impact me and my attendance as much as a renovated Future World or investment elsewhere on the resort :thumbs:

True. But we know they're not gonna do that so let's just let them have this little ride at least :lol:

The only reason Frozen did so well was the lack of Holiday Kids selections and even less of a selection of Holiday themed movies.

I don't find this to be the case at all. This is a very popular film due to it's quality. ALL of my friends that have kids have taken them to see this movie more then once. One family I know has seen it 5 times. This isn't due to the "lack of family movies", it's because the kids absolutely love it. My daughter has gone to see it twice. The only movie she has requested to see more then once in the theater.

as far as maknig a "Frozen" ride, I'm all for it, but I don't know if the World Showcase is the best place.

- - - Updated - - -

one more point to prove how popular Frozen is, the local Disney store has been sold out of the Frozen Princess dolls for weeks....

I don't find this to be the case at all. This is a very popular film due to it's quality. ALL of my friends that have kids have taken them to see this movie more then once. One family I know has seen it 5 times. This isn't due to the "lack of family movies", it's because the kids absolutely love it. My daughter has gone to see it twice. The only movie she has requested to see more then once in the theater.

I havent seen Frozen but I will try to, anyway, sounds like a great oportunity for Disney to attract more people to Epcot and add a new ride based on a new movie

It really was a good movie and was the first movie of theirs in a long time that actually seemed like one of the original classic princess movies to me. The short before the movie is completely worth the price of admission in my opinion. Funny that it takes John Lasseter to bring back the old Disney magic.

Today I learned that people see movies more than once in a theater. Never in my life have I seen a movie more than once in one run at the theater unless I'm watching it with someone who hasn't seen it at all. So much more to do with that money.

My family NEVER goes to see the same movie twice....ever! But my family are all begging to go see Frozen again. And it has nothing to do with nothing else being out there. Its because they love Frozen.

I've been recommended to go see it, but I haven't had a chance yet. And I'm kinda jaded from my last trip to the cinema when I went to see the never-ending Desolation of Smaug :p

OK.
I guess I am missing the joke here. If you are making fun of me, then yay for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I guess I have to see Frozen! Been watching the activity thread and the comments are so compelling.

to be honest, I didn't really think it was AMAZING or anything, just really well done, as Tangled was well done. It's no Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin. At least in my eyes, but my daughter loves it, and she is the boss. ha ha.