Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen II

Looks good to me. Kind of wish Olaf was blue, though, just to wind up the fanboys.

Color me VERY impressed by that teaser. I haven't been particularly feeling a pressing need for FROZEN II (I think the first one is good, but could have easily remained a one-off), but I am absolutely loving how dark and/or atmospheric the visuals look. It suggests the movie is going to explore complex themes, or at the very least is going to present a mystery of some kind. In either case, I'm now very interested.

THAT LOOKS AWESOME! :freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak:

That ocean animation looks GORGEOUS. For a hot second I thought it was actual water before I realized Elsa was there haha.

I feel like this is going along the same route of HTTYD where the first film was light and fun and the second is much darker. I'm digging it.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

So far, nothing I've seen yet screams "must see", but it's still 5 months away and we don't really know the plot yet.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

So far, nothing I've seen yet screams "must see", but it's still 5 months away and we don't really know the plot yet.

The biggest thing that will make or break it for me will be the songs - I trust the story will be at the very least good enough to carry through. If the music is as good as the first, then this movie will have heavy, heavy buzz. If the music is weak and forgettable like Mary Poppins Returns, then i'll be less inclined to care about seeing it.

Same. I liked the first movie a lot, and am not caught up with the “Frozen craze” so I’m not worn out by these characters yet. Unless it’s a flop I’ll likely be there opening weekend. Animation here looks OUTSTANDING.

What a terrible comedic button to end a trailer that is otherwise selling a film striving for some depth. I know this is a movie meant for families, so they have to promise the requisite broad comedy, but that's some serious tonal whiplash right there.

I’m so pleasantly surprised by the direction they’re taking this franchise.

When they announced a sequel I groaned, because of course there would be one, but this kind of mythical epic world building is really exciting and seems pretty inspired for a Princess sequel. Also really looking forward to seeing what the Lopez’s have come up with for the music

I'll be there opening weekend because Frozen. But these trailers do not excite me at all.

I'm a big fan of the original--even have a mini-Elsa shrine in my office. So I was excited to catch this over the weekend.

What a disaster. A mash-up of way too many anachronistic jokes, clumsy exposition dumps, and some after-school special level sociopolitics. Despite being convoluted the story is still far too predictable (one of the highlights of my second viewing of the original was the gasp across the theater when Hans did his heel turn--a genuine shocker when the movie came out). The songs range from pedestrian to an odd 80s-esque tune that feels almost like parody. In fact, there are a couple moments where the film takes subtle, eye-rolling shots at the first film -- like the creative team had to make this while being held hostage. The animation is beautiful but this lacks the heart of the original. If you have kids I realize you're stuck seeing this, but otherwise, wait for Disney+.