Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot America (General Thread)

May 8, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Fun Spot America has added another park to it's family of parks: Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I was just thinking the other day about how it would be great if they expanded and either built new parks, or took over some struggling existing ones. Side note...It would be nice if they could take over Daytona's Boardwalk Amusements.

That park looks like it needs some love. I wonder if the new management can build the park up to properly compete with Six Flags. Although that would be a long while away.

Fun Spot in Orlando is getting a Midi Discovery Revolution (Head Rush 360). (It's not coming from Kissimmee.) Paratrooper will be moved to Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (that they acquired last year), where they are also building a multi-level go-kart track.

Fun Spot in Orlando is getting a Midi Discovery Revolution (Head Rush 360). (It's not coming from Kissimmee.) Paratrooper will be moved to Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (that they acquired last year), where they are also building a multi-level go-kart track.

AWESOME!

I'm sort of hoping that Fun Spot goes with a Mack Big Dipper as their next big coaster. It's small and cheap enough to fit the park, while still providing a lot of thrills.

Here is Dynamite, a coaster being constructed at Freizeitpark Plohn in Germany.

img-20190208-wa0025.jpg

img-20190208-wa0067.jpg

upload_2019-4-23_10-58-7.jpeg

At one point, they had plans for a new Ferris wheel to go on top of the ticket building near the newer lot. Wonder if that’s going to happen?

I should be more explicit then;

What does that have to do, with the Orlando FSAmerica location? Especially when the last post, was showing the reconstruction of the Orlando FSAmerica Ferris Wheel.
This is a GENERAL THREAD covering ALL the Fun Spot America Parks. That was the intent when I created this thread almost 2 years ago. The first post I made was about the acquisition of the park near Atlanta.

This is a GENERAL THREAD covering ALL the Fun Spot America Parks. That was the intent when I created this thread almost 2 years ago. The first post I made was about the acquisition of the park near Atlanta.

Then in that case, I over-stepped. However, as it is then relating to OTHER FS locations then..shouldn't it be in Other US Parks, and not in Other Orlando & Central Forida Tourist Spots?

I forgot to post this back when I visited Fun Spot Atlanta in April. Here is the Paratrooper that was at the Orlando park in it's new home:
037.JPG

Scream'n Eagle was worth the quick stop on the way back to FL from SFOG.
040.JPG

The best part about visiting the park though? Oreo the resident cat. So friendly and fluffy.
062.JPG

Since I visited in April. they've added a new kiddie coaster. It's an E&F Miler "Python Pit" that came from Heritage Amusement Park (photo from CoasterNerds on Facebook):
62189511_844052435949893_3876396198696845312_n.jpg