Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fury325 - Carowinds

I've known about this for a while, but I never expected it to be the tallest and fastest non-launched coaster in the world! Not just B&M's tallest, but the tallest coaster without a launch! :jaw: Quite an accomplishment for Carowinds and B&M. I'm also glad to see a Cedar Fair giga coaster taller than Millennium Force!

I visited Carowinds a few weeks ago (construction going on) and I think I'm probably going up there again this summer for Fury 325 (especially with Carowinds now close enough for a day drive since I now live in Oviedo). :happy:

I've been to Carowinds before and it was cool but this is going to be huge for the park. I wish we could get a coaster like this somewhere in FL.

When my daughter is tall enough to go on these things, I see I tacking an extra couple days on our myrtle beach trip and going here. Looks really cool.

Honestly Im psyched for this coaster! I live about an hour from Carowinds! Ive never been (recent move) and I fully intend on visiting when this opens!

Looks like an awesome ride!

I find it odd that they would overshadow Intimidator so soon with such a similar ride style though. They did the same thing at Canada's Wonderland. Not complaining, just find it odd.

Busch Gardens Tampa needs to go ahead and do a 350 footer now :thumbs:

[video=youtube;04NZDfLqT_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04NZDfLqT_A[/video]

I'm so excited for my old home park (moved to Savannah in '06 and FL in '09). I was born and raised in Charlotte and have been going to Carowinds since I was at least 5. I've seen so much come and go throughout the park's history. I thought it was awesome when they got Intimidator....this is even more awesome. I hadn't been to the park since Oct. 2008 so when I go next season I have 3 coaster credits to get: Carolina Cobra (boomerang...woohoo...lol), Intimidator and now Fury 325. I'm not even going to recognize the park when we pull up. So many changes taking place....for the good.

Only been to Carowinds once, wasn't a big fan the park felt very 'vanilla-corporate-blah' to me, but I will absolutely be back next year cause this ride looks REALLY awesome. Love how long the ride is and the wacky turnaround element.

Dollywood is a lovely park. I haven't been there since 2008 (Mystery Mine was the biggest draw at the time), but I've heard nothing but great things about Wild Eagle and FireChaser Express. It's just got that wonderful atmosphere of going back in time, with incredibly polite/friendly staff and some of the best food you'll ever eat at a theme park. The above comment about Carowinds being very "vanilla" is something I thought during my first visit back in 2008. However, adding in Intimidator and this GORGEOUS giga, plus other improvements made to the park really helped me to change my mind. I look forward to riding this beast next summer and predict it will do amazing things for the park's skyline, overall image, and profit margins!

And for the comment about BGT building a 350' version of this, I agree, but I'd love to see them REALLY go crazy...and build the world's first 500' coaster (it would be an Intamin creation, most likely). Imagine a 500' Millennium Force or Intimidator 305 that ran you along a high-speed course throughout the park with amazing airtime hills thrown in for max effect. At that height, it would take the record for world's tallest coaster, and might even take the record for the fastest coaster on earth too (it'd be close with Formula Rossa at Ferrari World). This coaster would be far too expensive for the Busch team to ever even consider ($60 million+, I'm sure), but if there's any way to bring droves of people through BGT's gates, this would be it. Market the heck out of it in Orlando and around Tampa and watch the $$$ pour in.

Time to wake up from my daydream!

Hey guys, I won a contest where I am the Thrill-Caster for Carowinds this year! I filmed my first intro which was released not long ago....and just filmed again in front of the newly released Fury Train....which will release soon (the video)!

I will be filming Friday as the last piece of Fury 325 will be put on! Going to be awesome!

Hey guys, I won a contest where I am the Thrill-Caster for Carowinds this year! I filmed my first intro which was released not long ago....and just filmed again in front of the newly released Fury Train....which will release soon (the video)!

I will be filming Friday as the last piece of Fury 325 will be put on! Going to be awesome!
Very cool!