1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Future of Console Gaming

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by LintemuthStudios, Jun 11, 2018.

1. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

Adding Beyond Good and Evil 2 to this list. It looks awesome!

2. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Did they confirm it’s 2019?

3. LintemuthStudios

No. Just a guess.

4. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

A few things of interest..

the first, for those..wanting to get away, Kingdom Hearts 3 has leaked in the wild, as someone already has a copy of the game (XBOX edition).

For those keeping track, this is worse than the Smash Ultimate leak, in time.

The second, Arc System Works has officially revealed their next big fighting game, a partnership with Cygames in Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Cygames also revealed gameplay for a Granblue Fantasy RPG made by Platinum Games.

tankart150 and LintemuthStudios like this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

Mike S likes this.
  6. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Why does 2018 seem like a pissing contest between third party publishers of who can make their fan base madder than the other ones can?

tankart150 likes this.
  7. AlexanderMBush

8. AlexanderMBush

With 2018 coming to a close, what were some of your favorite moments of the year? Regardless of when the game came out, this year was..really fun.

For me, to kick it started,

1: I finally got another Nintendo Console (my first that I have since the Game Cube and GBA back in the early 00's) - The Switch is a big thing for me, as it's been about over a decade for me. And the hybrid aspect, is completely worth it. I play it when I can, and it's fun to just pick up the console from handheld, and enjoy myself during trips.

2: Playing Pokemon for the first time - This was one of my favorite gaming moments. As I finally have been experiencing Kanto. Funny enough, I'm taking it slow and just coming in when I want. But man is Pokemon Let's Go Eevee fun.

3: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Regardless to how I feel of how Rockstar incorrectly used it's staff, RDR2 is my GoTY. I love, everything about the story mode, and the lush world (to me) with the variety of things to do and be around, is highly engaging. Honestly, I put it on normally to just have it as a white background, and I love that.

4: Persona 5 - God I love this game. I love, everything about it; and it is the reason why I am jumping into Persona 4 as of now. I can't wait to play more of this fantastic series. It also allowed me to do some fun stuff with @Joe, as I can't wait to pick that up sooner than later..

..that said, if they reveal a P5 Switch port with the Dark Sun 1 hour special, I will flip in excitement. That would be, a instant preorder, because of just how good the game is.

9. AlexanderMBush

With Dark Sun just releasing in Japan, Atlus has revealed/teased the rumored Persona 5 R.

Mystic Distance, who helps with Persona Central; has previously heard of Persona 5 R being a potential version of Persona 5 for Nintendo Switch.

10. AlexanderMBush

11. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

HUH

So two fun facts

1) I emailed gaben when the first portal came out thanking him for a short game for college kids and those too busy to play games. He forwarded the email to Erik and he emailed me back!

2) when Erik retired from valve he worked at a random coffee shop in Cleveland! I didn’t know that.

12. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

13. AlexanderMBush

I am curious to what it means, but I don't think anyone should automatically assume it means that Half Life 3 is finally getting out of Development Hell.

But it does make me very interested, especially considering the piss poor repsonse Artifact has had along with Valve acquiring earlier last year for Campo Christo (In The Valley of The Gods, Firewatch)

14. AlexanderMBush

Interestingly..it is seeming that ATLUS will be getting a port of Catherine for PC, as it's been teased by multiple Steam SEGA pages (and has been rated on the ESRB).

This would be the first time that an ATLUS game may be fully ported to PC; as they did have it as a survey question in regards to the Persona franchise last year.

Edit - Catherine: Classic, is now available on Steam & PC.

Catherine Classic on Steam

Double Edit, SEGA has commented towards the possibility of even more Atlus ports for the future.

"“We hope to have more exciting news to share from Sega/Atlus in regards to publishing on PC in the future,” says Sega."

Catherine Classic is out now on PC, and more Atlus games could follow | PC Gamer

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Joe likes this.
  15. AlexanderMBush

16. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Seems to me they want to do right by their fans and get out of Activision’s grasp.

17. LintemuthStudios

And the gaming world rejoiced.

Mike S likes this.
  18. AlexanderMBush

Also, the originally teased Ubisoft game from 2016, Pioneer; is now dead.

EDIT: A bit more has come in regards to the Vancouver game; more in that, they needed to make a smaller-scale Star Wars game to hit 2020 as they had originally planned.

upload_2019-1-15_20-37-36.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  19. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

What a great move giving EA the exclusive license to Star Wars Disney :exclap:

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  20. LieutLaww

LieutLaww Premium Member

Disney will be thrilled that EA have cancelled yet another SW game, EA almost lost the license after the whole Battlefront II fiasco and this wont help their standing within Disney at all.