Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd prefer to see Mummy relocated to the Lost Continent...maybe replace Poseidons Fury and give a solid Egyptian retheme to the area...and then they could add that little safari jeep ride too.
Then they could stick a new Ghostbusters ride into the Mummy's place.

Keep MIB. Best shooter ride in the world!

Reactions: tankart150
you may not realize this but the fury show is prob the most popular show at universal plus it suck up people like crazy
..How..how is Poseidons Fury Popular?
Although I do love the concept, this ride is terribly executed. I don't know how it can be considered "popular" and yet still close earlier than the rest of IOA when IOA itself closed early. For instance, it closed an hour before park close at 8pm early December.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Although I do love the concept, this ride is terribly executed. I don't know how it can be considered "popular" and yet still close earlier than the rest of IOA when IOA itself closed early. For instance, it closed an hour before park close at 8pm early December.
All I could think of is how much people would rave about this if Disney did it and people here put it down. I don't see a problem with the execution.

After a rumored crossover, they'll just have Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in place of Smith and Rip Torn.

Could this have any impacts on the Mummys future? perhaps a small refurb by or post 2017 to enhance effects and story line?

Could this have any impacts on the Mummys future? perhaps a small refurb by or post 2017 to enhance effects and story line?

The Mummy reboot?

Possible. I know RotM current incarnation is not long for this world (but not immediately). Depends on if they just update it with new Mummy or ditch it all together and go with another idea if it bombs.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I have to assume Mummy's fate is tied directly to the Cruise Mummy film. If it's a hit, I think we could either see it upgraded or the Mummy/Monsters property be a part of Park 3. If it's a flop? I'm willing to bet Mummy is a goner

Reactions: Clive
So I went on MIB about a week ago, and while I still love the ride, it needs TLC. You know, some guns/seats not registering properly, also particle and lighting effects, as well as animatronic motion. Even the cars seem to spin weaker than it used to.
By the time MIB 3 came out, I was hoping universal would do some restoration, possibly add new aliens in the ride/ immigration room.

Also I'm not sure if I said this yet, but the roboasis Coca Cola vending station was walled up, anyone know more?

I would love to see MIB plussed. Less Will Smith, less spinning and more aliens, a bigger demographic could do the ride.
I love Mummy but less Brendan Fraser, less whipless stops but a smoother ride, update of the effects and more mummy's.
I don't give a cr@p about reboots (although I hope they are good) but I like the attractions, they can stay.

So I went on MIB about a week ago, and while I still love the ride, it needs TLC. You know, some guns/seats not registering properly, also particle and lighting effects, as well as animatronic motion. Even the cars seem to spin weaker than it used to.
By the time MIB 3 came out, I was hoping universal would do some restoration, possibly add new aliens in the ride/ immigration room.

Also I'm not sure if I said this yet, but the roboasis Coca Cola vending station was walled up, anyone know more?
I got a survey from Universal a couple of months ago concerning Coke roboasis. Survey asked about flavors, combinations, usage. I would guess they're upgrading the offerings/concept.

The Mummy reboot?

Possible. I know RotM current incarnation is not long for this world (but not immediately). Depends on if they just update it with new Mummy or ditch it all together and go with another idea if it bombs.

I have to assume Mummy's fate is tied directly to the Cruise Mummy film. If it's a hit, I think we could either see it upgraded or the Mummy/Monsters property be a part of Park 3. If it's a flop? I'm willing to bet Mummy is a goner

Yeah the Cruise reboot gives a good chance for success and even if it doesn't i wold love to see some upgrades and touch up on this ride The Mummy Reboot News

the original was way better but to many people complained that Poseidon was the bad guy even though his name was on the show so uni changed it.It goes to show you if enough people b!#ch then theme parks will change even if its not for the better.