Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are no hidden sensors on the Big Bug. As for the sensors on others, you can typically see spots that are a little off color from the rest of the bodies.
Can you post a picture? Also, should I rely on the Doodus and Do-right tape that mentions aliens vunerable in the head and shoulders?

Can you post a picture? Also, should I rely on the Doodus and Do-right tape that mentions aliens vunerable in the head and shoulders?

Unfortunately I cannot find any good pictures to show you, but yes, typically aiming for the head or shoulder area will get you scores. While riding though, you will probably notice the "off color" circles on figures and props that I mentioned before, those typically have a hidden target device behind it.

Ok, so I've been hearing and seeing a rumor online the last day, and I wanted to see if anyone more in the know has heard anything about it. Now, it's probably 99.9% as reliable as the WWE Fall Of Fame rumor, but with Universal's sometime unpredictable nature I though I'd share what I've heard. So please don't jump down my throat for posting it.

A few rumors I've seen and heard are claiming that MIB could be on the chopping block to make way for a Walking Dead attraction. What type of attraction it is wasn't specified.

Like I said above, I'm not believing it, but I found it interesting and wondered if anyone else had heard similar rumors.

Ok, so I've been hearing and seeing a rumor online the last day, and I wanted to see if anyone more in the know has heard anything about it. Now, it's probably 99.9% as reliable as the WWE Fall Of Fame rumor, but with Universal's sometime unpredictable nature I though I'd share what I've heard. So please don't jump down my throat for posting it.

A few rumors I've seen and heard are claiming that MIB could be on the chopping block to make way for a Walking Dead attraction. What type of attraction it is wasn't specified.

Like I said above, I'm not believing it, but I found it interesting and wondered if anyone else had heard similar rumors.

UUOP are the ones propagating this right now. MiB is getting old and in need of upgrade or replacement but I doubt that a decision has been made yet.

Reactions: Stitch_101
I'd doubt any changes right now with so much in flux at the Studios' park. Capacity will continue to be an issue until F&F & Fallon are open. And then again when they close down Kidzone, until Nintendo is completed. You can only lose X amount of capacity without issues. MIB has pretty decent capacity. I'm not an insider, but it doesn't make a lot of sense at this point in time. After Nintendo opens, though, that would possibly be an issue. Just my opinion though.:)

Ok.... Now I'm angry!!!! MIB should never be replaced!! Everybody, make a sign and go to the park and Protest

Thinking about this, if it was to go any where, I'd imagine it would go into the fear factor stadium.
Sorry I got a little rage.. But Sally Corp has showed a walking dead shooting ride concept; I had hoped it would still be a shooter ride, but I don't even watch the show! And I'm not a fan of walking dead, this park should have more attractions based on great sci fi movies and classic sci fi in general

Sorry I got a little rage.. But Sally Corp has showed a walking dead shooting ride concept; I had hoped it would still be a shooter ride, but I don't even watch the show! And I'm not a fan of walking dead, this park should have more attractions based on great sci fi movies and classic sci fi in general

Do you consider MIB "classic sci fi"?:lol:

Even then, MIB is 15 years old. More often than not that's when Uni looks to start to replace them.

Not saying it's gonna happen any time soon, but it's getting towards the end of its rope.

Even then, MIB is 15 years old. More often than not that's when Uni looks to start to replace them.

Not saying it's gonna happen any time soon, but it's getting towards the end of its rope.

I think it's ultimate fate may rest in the success or failure of the next movie. If it does well, we may see it updated to match the current direction of the franchise. But then, I guess even if it does do well, we may see it go by the way side. I guess only time will tell.

Yes I do consider mib Classic sci fi. And good sci fi. In a nutshell, newer sci fi movies are loaded with Computer Generated Idiots and tend to be boring. Same with movies in general. Every good GOLD movie is being remade and turned into ----. I posted a topic in the music listening thread and posted I like older music. Applies to movies as well. As much as newer rides may be innovative, most of the major ones consist of scenes on screens and are very flat. I may ride Transformers. But I'm not immersed into the transformers world. Now in terms of spidey vs transformers, spidey wins. Why? Because it may use screens, but the physical props and effects interact with the screen scenes. Mib is my favorite and in my opinion the best ride at UO resort. You're immersed into the world of mib, captured in the spirit of the films but still a unique adventure. And riders actually think they're in that world, rather than watching a 3D movie. Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
P
I think it's ultimate fate may rest in the success or failure of the next movie. If it does well, we may see it updated to match the current direction of the franchise. But then, I guess even if it does do well, we may see it go by the way side. I guess only time will tell.
Problem number 1. Mib is possibly being rebooted without agent j or k. Why is the original so successful? Because of the unique and funny friendship between will smith and tommy lee jones. And rumors point to a new mib crossover with 21 jump street. Also another one where the lead is just a female agent. People, this is just awful. Substituting roles just to be more humane and to make an extra buck. There's nothing wrong with females in mib.i have nothing against it. The Problem is that it is cheap and very illogical. Does it really make sense? What's the symbolism or brain power there? Same thing about the new ghostbusters. How can they remake ghostbusters? Like remaking ET or Wizard of Oz!