Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mummy is the one ride that needs little tweaks and updating that would make a wonderful new experience. Since it's doubtful we'll see a Dark Universe tie-in, I'd love to see the Mummy from the 30's be the focus.

Change the story of the queue and ditch the "movie set" rooms. Ditch Reggie. Bring in a new Mummy AA at the beginning. Change the Throne Room up a bit. Ditch the black light cutouts for something a bit more realistic looking. Change the fake queue exit to just being a regular show scene. Change ending. BOOM!
Thank you so much for changing the thread title, it’s better this way :)

I mean.. both versions aren't very scary, personally. At least the older version is a bit more timeless, and nod to the classics that helped grow Universal.
I think, much like ToT, the ride has outlived the film/series/IP...A redo of the current iteration would be welcomed

Also, can they work on soundproofing things better? I hate hearing "Are you insane get out of here" when I'm in the Treasure Room

Also, can they work on soundproofing things better? I hate hearing "Are you insane get out of here" when I'm in the Treasure Room

I don't remember this happening back in the day. I feel like at some point they changed the timing on the vehicle dispatch to increase capacity and now the scrim doesn't have enough time to fully close behind you in the treasure room before the audio cue triggers from car behind you.

Reactions: tankart150
I don't remember this happening back in the day. I feel like at some point they changed the timing on the vehicle dispatch to increase capacity and now the scrim doesn't have enough time to fully close behind you in the treasure room before the audio cue triggers from car behind you.
Yeah the sound walls no longer drop down on Mummy or MIB..It's unfortunate because it's tacky

I would rather wait longer for a more complete experience

Small detail, but that's why we like Universal and Disney so much

Wait, there are sound walls? :wow:
Yes, I don't know if walls are the right word, but sometimes if you look closely you can see a soundproofing curtain rise up before you enter a scene...It blocks sound from entering the wrong scene

Look up after the giant alien scene in MIB, you can see one up in the ceiling, and at the beginning before the training scene

They are great ways to keep sound in specific areas, but, anything in front of a ride track must be fully clear before a car can get close...I believe many of them were turned off to increase capacity

Nowadays rides are built with better sound proofing and more sophisticated on board audio, so it's not a huge deal

Yes, I don't know if walls are the right word, but sometimes if you look closely you can see a soundproofing curtain rise up before you enter a scene...It blocks sound from entering the wrong scene

Look up after the giant alien scene in MIB, you can see one up in the ceiling, and at the beginning before the training scene

They are great ways to keep sound in specific areas, but, anything in front of a ride track must be fully clear before a car can get close...I believe many of them were turned off to increase capacity

Nowadays rides are built with better sound proofing and more sophisticated on board audio, so it's not a huge deal
They are very obvious on Antarctica and double as energy transfer proofing as well due to the decrease in termperature throughout the ride. Easiest way to see them in use if you ever get a chance.

Reactions: shiekra38
I feel like if you mention the Tom Cruise Mummy from last year to anyone from Universal, they might hit you with the MIB neuralyzer. Glad that bombed so they don’t feel tempted to overlay it with that.

Mummy is probably my 2nd favorite ride in the resort and without a doubt my favorite in USF. We can talk about it potentially being updated, but I see Universal having other things to worry about ala Marvel where it keeps being put on the back burner

If they were willing to part with some of the Mummy gift shop space, they could put a little cafe/bakery in. Nothing that would be cooked hot because it would be too small of a space and likely wouldn't have a kitchen (I imagine it as being a sandwich/coffee/pastries place and they would just prepare the food in a kitchen elsewhere), but it would get the job done.

IMO, the Mummy gift shop is too large anyway and I rarely see people buying things there.

They should really take advantage of the fact that nobody likes or wants new things anymore... And put in a Central Perk :lol: It'd probably make Potter Butterbeer type sales for a good bit after it opened.
IMG_4320.jpg