Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Anyone know if this is new animation, or was the old projection system genuinely that cloudy? I never remember seeing good picture in there, even when it was dimmer and it first opened.

Anyone know if this is new animation, or was the old projection system genuinely that cloudy? I never remember seeing good picture in there, even when it was dimmer and it first opened.

Imhotep's face seems to be a completely new render, one that's with different facial proportions to that of the old version.

Personally speaking, this gives me hope that they'll tackle other screen-based portions later on with this ride. Especially if the Treasure Room gets an updated Imhotep face model to match the turntable.

Last edited:
Was this one render the only thing they improved? Also, did they make the launch render better or is it the same as it always was?

And to confirm, nothing new for the animatronics or the treasure room render?

Was this one render the only thing they improved? Also, did they make the launch render better or is it the same as it always was?

And to confirm, nothing new for the animatronics or the treasure room render?
This was the most noticeable improvement, but launch render was also improved, and I think the scarab projections were improved. Treasure room projection may have also looked better but I’m unsure if it’s a new render or not.

All I remember is my first time riding this I freaked out because something they did in that room made me feel they were crawling on me. (Or it could've been my mom lol). I was 7
I swear there aren't any leg ticklers and we've always talked about how we want them added in Orlando

Some of us have some serious Mandela Effect going on

I swear there aren't any leg ticklers and we've always talked about how we want them added in Orlando

Some of us have some serious Mandela Effect going on

Personally speaking, I only asked about it because I was genuinely shocked to see you say you wished we had them, because I vividly remember the beetles on my legs (it felt similar to an effect in It’s Tough To Be a Bug) when I was a teenager—way before I even knew this discussion or this forum even existed.

Personally speaking, I only asked about it because I was genuinely shocked to see you say you wished we had them, because I vividly remember the beetles on my legs (it felt similar to an effect in It’s Tough To Be a Bug) when I was a teenager—way before I even knew this discussion or this forum even existed.
Maybe they stopped working or weren't working shortly after opening then started working then stopped lol?

I rode it for the first time shortly after opening in 2004

Maybe they stopped working or weren't working shortly after opening then started working then stopped lol?

I rode it for the first time shortly after opening in 2004

My memory only goes back to 8/04 for that ride (one of my best friends was on that ride with me, she felt the beetles too) so I can only speak that far for me, but, this topic has definitely made me feel like I’m crazy and I need to seriously question my mind lol.

Now I'm questioning my own memory :lol: I went on it soon after opening (heck, I remember my parents handing me a flyer Uni sent out about Kong closing, then I was chomping at the bit to ride Mummy for months and months) and I don't recall any leg ticklers... but maybe I'm crazy. Because they would fit wonderfully.

Now I'm questioning my own memory :lol: I went on it soon after opening (heck, I remember my parents handing me a flyer Uni sent out about Kong closing, then I was chomping at the bit to ride Mummy for months and months) and I don't recall any leg ticklers... but maybe I'm crazy. Because they would fit wonderfully.

The abscene of leg ticklers particularly stands out in my mind because I HATED them as a kid. I’d always put my legs up in Honey I Shrunk The Audience & It’s Tough To Be A Bug. I remember riding Mummy for the first time, getting to the scarab scene and thinking “Oh no!” Then being relieved when I wasn’t tickled.

This sounds like a theme park mystery and I am now curious if they ever existed on this attraction, because I personally have never experienced them.

I went on the ride as early as June 2004 and never once have experienced a leg tickler during the scarab scene.
Yes, I've been on this a couple of hundred times, and generally was looking to experience the leg ticklers that many on here swear exists in 'Orlando'. I come away disappointed every time. Never ever yet.