Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't going to chime in but since its about my home I remember being tickled back in the mid 2000's, pretty sure they were turned off around 2010 but sadly I have no evidence.. Can't wait to ride with the new additions it looks amazing :freak: #teamticklerz

Hi everyone! This is my first post here after lurking for years but this discussion fascinated me so much I had to finally make an account.

I’ve only been on the Florida Mummy once, in the last few years, and didn’t pay attention to leg ticklers or lackthereof, but I don’t recall them on that ride. Hollywood is my home park and I’ve been tickled by our Mummy a million times.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Hollywood Mummy, the leg ticklers are very obvious. They‘re long plastic or rubber straps about the shape and size of fettuccini but lighter in weight that stick out under the seat and flop down to the floor. When shimmying down the row to board and exit, you brush past them with your ankles/calves. Once you take your seat, you can reach down and feel it (I have). In the scarab scene, the ticklers start spinning around, earning their name. Sometimes they break down and don’t spin, but I’ve only had that once or twice.

There must be at least a few UOR pass holders or TMs who can report something similar if the Florida Mummy indeed has the leg ticklers. Like I said, they’re incredibly obvious, way more so than even the Floridians in this thread who claim to have felt them at one point make them out to be. That makes me doubt they’re on there currently, although I’d love to hear some more of your reports! If they’re not on there now, maybe they were before. But as I said, the Hollywood ones are not so mysterious.

I also wish USH were open so I could snap a photo. I’ve seen them with my eyes but I can’t for the life of me find a photo of the dark footwell of Hollywood’s rvs.
Welcome

And that is a great description of the "leg tickle" effect

Shrek uses the gag as well

Also, fun fact, if you look at this picture you can see the practical scarab crawl effect before you launch backward

I'm not entirely sure if that's the one on the right wraps around the columns and the one in the shadows on the left glides along the wall

I'd love to see how they reset it so quickly...I'm guessing it just goes forward and then backward to reset

This scene honestly has a ton of fun little effects

Es13gScXIAQSkRG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Don't have much to add, but this thread is definitely an all-timer at this point lol. I love myself some mystery.

Maybe someone should create some kind of tickling timeline? If it ever existed sometime in the mid to late oughts, that should hopefully narrow it down a little. I'd imagine someone here has to have connections with a prior ROTM Attractions TM?

This might be an odd question but has anyone simply tried to feel that part of the cart when boarding recently? Or can snag a quick photo of the area while you're there?

FWIW, I recall being tickled in Orlando many years ago as well.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
This might be an odd question but has anyone simply tried to feel that part of the cart when boarding recently? Or can snag a quick photo of the area while you're there?

FWIW, I recall being tickled in Orlando many years ago as well.
I have to think that if they were there the cars may have changed over all this time.

Reactions: Grabnar
FWIW, I rode RoTM during testing before the official opening, when it ran with partial effects. As far as I remember, there were air & water fx around the vehicle in the bug scene, but never leg ticklers in the car. They were discussed, and 1 of the USH RVs with ticklers (which were added after opening) could have been tested at USF, but I don’t believe it was ever in regular operation here.

So I wasn't the only person who felt the burst of air coming from under the seats. . .
tenor.gif

FWIW, I rode RoTM during testing before the official opening, when it ran with partial effects. As far as I remember, there were air & water fx around the vehicle in the bug scene, but never leg ticklers in the car. They were discussed, and 1 of the USH RVs with ticklers (which were added after opening) could have been tested at USF, but I don’t believe it was ever in regular operation here.
I remember water and some light air blasts around the room

Never something like Shrek's leg ticklers physically on the ride vehicle

However, I've always wanted to see something like that added