Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

If I am not mistaken, wasn't more going to be added originally when the ride's were in development for USH and UOR, that would've included more elements? I may be wrong about that, but I believe if I am not mistaken; that GE basically screwed them over; especially USH's.

That said, I think Mummy has been said that it may close not due to popularity, but on the ride system in-place. I may be wrong about that, but I thought that is the case.

I mean yeah, they ran out of money. The whole ride reeks of budgetary issues but also major narrative compromises.

The Mummy movie social media account just released a new video about Prodigium the secret organization that stops evil like the mummy etc. One thing they mentioned is that the orgnization's HQ hides in plain sight at a natural history museum. That almost sounds perfect for an upgrade to the ride in my opinion. Keep the facade mostly the same and retheme the interior to the museum/ facility from the movie.

The Mummy movie social media account just released a new video about Prodigium the secret organization that stops evil like the mummy etc. One thing they mentioned is that the orgnization's HQ hides in plain sight at a natural history museum. That almost sounds perfect for an upgrade to the ride in my opinion. Keep the facade mostly the same and retheme the interior to the museum/ facility from the movie.
But leave the Cup of Coffee scene in. :)

You wonder how much of an input the theme park people had on the film if any.

Hell of a coincidence then.
Here is the video I mentioned

I like your idea & concept. :thumbsup: But think it's just a coincidence. Natural History Museums have often been the site of Mummy like movies. Factually, the Metro in NYC has imported & reconstructed an entire Egyptian tomb. It's very impressive and eerie too.

I like your idea & concept. :thumbsup: But think it's just a coincidence. Natural History Museums have often been the site of Mummy like movies. Factually, the Metro in NYC has imported & reconstructed an entire Egyptian tomb. It's very impressive and eerie too.
Regardless of what my idea is, if this movie does well in the box office Universal will have to do something with the ride as it will be pretty outdated

Just somethings I was wondering about. I was in my bed last night sketching and a trailer came up on my tv for the new mummy movie. Some people on this forum found it ironic that the mummy in the movie was held in a museum like the rides museum, and speculation was going around that if the mummy got a refurb and the museum facade was changed to look like a modern day museum of natural history that it would be really nice. I was thinking about not only if the queue got updated but so did the ride. I was contemplating what the ride needed and how I would incorporate modern technology and projections into the small spaces. I was thinking for a while but nothing really came to mind on what I would change and with what I would replace it with. I realized how weird the mummy is. The first few minutes of the ride are a mummy in sarcafagus with a second animatronic all thrown into a small corner. This really important scene that helps carry the story line is all done in a corner of the ride where the sides of the ride are like glorified plastered catwalks. Point is all I thought to do was have screens in the dark ride area that would have the mummy spirits actually moving and another thing was to have imotep finish his lines in the first scene and from his hand come out a projections of elaborate Egyptian symbols and they rotate around the cave. Just wanted to know what everyone thought of how the mummy could get updated and we could all come up with cool ideas. Maybe lift the last part of track up to have a larger drop and extend the ending dark ride portion? Just give your thoughts.