Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

I'm surprised USF's doesn't. I just rode Hollywood's Mummy a month or two ago and really liked the ankle ticklers during that scene. It added way more to the scene than I thought it would. Is there a reason why USF's doesn't have it or was it just overlooked or something?

Hollywood's incarnation was not as well-received as Orlando's, leading park management to implement a number of kneejerk changes in the first few years of operation. This included slowing the speed of the vehicles in the dark ride component (to lengthen ride time, as many complained it was too short) and adding ankle ticklers to the Scarab scene.

I'm surprised USF's doesn't. I just rode Hollywood's Mummy a month or two ago and really liked the ankle ticklers during that scene. It added way more to the scene than I thought it would. Is there a reason why USF's doesn't have it or was it just overlooked or something?
LOL so being totally honest here, I had no clue that was an actual thing in Hollywood.

Ankle ticklers AND rice? A local haunted attraction near me has a bug hallway and rice is dropped on you, and it REALLY adds to the effect.

LOL so being totally honest here, I had no clue that was an actual thing in Hollywood.

Ankle ticklers AND rice? A local haunted attraction near me has a bug hallway and rice is dropped on you, and it REALLY adds to the effect.

All I know is every time they do the fishing wire at HHN, I am flailing and significantly more distressed than when people are popping out at me.

I'm surprised they've never bothered to plus this attraction any. Some projection mapping effects would easily do the trick.
They have added some light effects in the transition scene between Imhoteps first appearance and the treasure room...Other than that, it's pretty much the same haha

Considering how far mapping tech has come, you'd think the ride would have been upgraded by now

Looks like they upgraded some of the projectors on the ride. Scarab room and turntable projectors looked much clearer and brighter than before (although the right screen in the scarab room was tilted a bit). There was also a new light effect in the fake station that looked new.
Often times a bulb(s) replacement makes things look like new

I wonder how much Universal spends on projector bulbs every year haha

Looks like they upgraded some of the projectors on the ride. Scarab room and turntable projectors looked much clearer and brighter than before (although the right screen in the scarab room was tilted a bit). There was also a new light effect in the fake station that looked new.
Is it still pitch dark in the turntable room though?

Rode it multiple times last week. The effects were as good as can be expected.This is definitely one of the best attractions in Orlando,14 years later. ...It's amazing that a Universal Creative that built this great ride, could do a dud like F&F.
For the most part, the big players that were around in the creation of Mummy aren’t around at all anymore. Can’t even really compare the creative teams.

No idea how I haven't posted in here yet.

But here's my dream:

1) New AAs
2) Add the dead trying to crawl out of their crypts to the transition scene like Hollywood.
2) New projection mapping for the transition, treasure room, turntable, and window break room.
3) More movement in the treasure room (maybe the foot soldiers just turn their heads a bit now)
4) Add the ticklers
5) Properly theme the window break scene (I'm very jealous of Singapore's version in this regard even if it's a completely different scene) and update the projections.
6) Yea, the coffee scene is iconic and all, but I'd rather them give us a new finale that's a little more satisfying
7) Kill the entire movie set theme and just properly theme the extended queue with more artifacts and all that.

It's kind of weird they haven't updated this yet. Uni needs to stop thinking about everything in terms of IPs. Everyone understands the concept of a mummy, and the ride can far outlive the relevance of the IP.