Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

I know Joel. It was sarcasm - but yes, sometimes it needs to be a little more clear. Text is hard to read online.
It doesn't help that at the time I was biting my tongue in my job, doing my best not to shout at my client. :) It's all good.

I need to go to the alternate universe where JAWS and Diagon exist together at USF as well as Kong and Mummy
Add JP like they originally planned, and that'd be the perfect universal park imo.

I just really wish USF had a water ride.

Islands having 3 always seemed incredibly unfair. I'd sacrifice Simpsons for one in a heartbeat.

I heard there’s going to be a house at HHN next year that’s based off of an alternate universe where the mummy closes for a Hobbs n Shaw meet and greet

Nah, they are going to tear down mummy and rebuild Supercharged screen for screen in that spot to make more room for Potter. That way they don't have to touch FFL.

Any legit good ride closing for a redo or new ride when a park has other worse rides that could be replaced is flat out a bad use of investment money 99% of the time. Even Disney has lame IP with good rides. I mean tron is going into magic kingdom and that series is dead at this time.

The '99 Mummy (and its sequel, but not the third one) is actually one of my favorite movies, and I watch it more often than I'd like to admit. Like, an embarrassing amount. And I understand the reasoning, I do - but I'd be SO sad if they got rid of Brendan/the movie references. I get it, but if/when they announce a change, I'm booking a plane ticket and riding it on loop ASAP.

The '99 Mummy (and its sequel, but not the third one) is actually one of my favorite movies, and I watch it more often than I'd like to admit. Like, an embarrassing amount. And I understand the reasoning, I do - but I'd be SO sad if they got rid of Brendan/the movie references. I get it, but if/when they announce a change, I'm booking a plane ticket and riding it on loop ASAP.
It's on TV all the time recently...I watch it everytime

Any legit good ride closing for a redo or new ride when a park has other worse rides that could be replaced is flat out a bad use of investment money 99% of the time. Even Disney has lame IP with good rides. I mean tron is going into magic kingdom and that series is dead at this time.
I think the cost and time invested matters a lot. Take the JW redo, what's the cost of that compared to Skull Island? (I believe Skull Island was $150 million?)

I almost feel like they could retrack it and just retheme - to Ghostbusters, or to anything they see fit. The whole "there's only Zuul" bit would be pretty cool at the fake out ending.

Nevermind Ghostbusters, we clearly need to retheme Mummy to the new Cats movie.

2bXP.gif

Hollywood's incarnation was not as well-received as Orlando's, leading park management to implement a number of kneejerk changes in the first few years of operation. This included slowing the speed of the vehicles in the dark ride component (to lengthen ride time, as many complained it was too short) and adding ankle ticklers to the Scarab scene.

But why didnt they ever do that here? Even if people loved the ride?