Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Okay...hear me out on this highly unlikely and possibly impossible theory about the leg ticklers.

What if instead of the whole ride or a few carts having leg ticklers...it was just a couple of seats.
Others brought up that this ride was billed as a psychological thrill ride. Whats more psychological than having someone doubt their own memories or senses? Imagine getting off the ride with family and friends and bringing up the leg ticklers only for your party to look at you funny?

IDK just a random thought.
I tend to believe they'd want a consistent ride for everyone...and then part of me thinks this is kind of a fun idea

Rode it yesterday and put my hands down under the seat (now that I think about it the TM was probably wondering what I was doing)

As much as I could feel (which isn't terribly much) there is nothing there
If I was there I would have done that, so thank you!

Now I have to feel for air holes

That would actually make much more sense
If it wasn't hairs I would have thought to feel for a perforated metal panel.
But when I described what I felt as being similar to a quick air effect of beetles crawling on your legs, how come it still seemed to be shot down??

It seems I was talking to myself about something else this entire time lol.

The only reason I even have any sort of memory about this (or imagined I did as the case may be) is because I remember being aware of the effect on a day I was wearing shorts instead of jeans. Even if there wasn't something down there after all it's a great example of how effective the overall ride experience is.

Not sure where the best place to post this is, figure this might because would be a good replacement in NY section. They could also knock down the Library facade and put it in backstage areas, since I think most are moving to EU. But now that we know AR is functional, someone needs to build a true ghost busters attraction. Seems like the new blend physical and AR would make an incredible attraction. Also would take some pressure off MIB. The goggles are easily fitted into the story of the movie, it seems almost too perfect that they must be working on some blue sky ideas.

Not sure where the best place to post this is, figure this might because would be a good replacement in NY section. They could also knock down the Library facade and put it in backstage areas, since I think most are moving to EU. But now that we know AR is functional, someone needs to build a true ghost busters attraction. Seems like the new blend physical and AR would make an incredible attraction. Also would take some pressure off MIB. The goggles are easily fitted into the story of the movie, it seems almost too perfect that they must be working on some blue sky ideas.

I would keep Mummy and remove HRRR. You could reinstate the fire house entrance

My problem with HRRR now is that it feels so out of place in the resort. Mummy, VC and Hagrid’s are highly themed modern cutting edge coasters. Sure, Hulk is pretty bare bones but that packs a serious punch.

Did we ever get an answer to the leg ticklers or will it remain unsolved?
tenor.gif

I read some insider account a wicked long time ago, and supposedly the Orlando version opened without ticklers, but the water and wind effects were present in the scarab scene. Later down the road, when Hollywood opened, Universal knew that it was a downgrade from Orlando, and the test audiences before opening complained that the ride was too short and anti-climatic compared to Orlando. This caused universal to start a string of minor, somewhat gimmicky upgrades to Hollywood to make the shorter ride pack more of a punch, and the ticklers were one of these upgrades

I read some insider account a wicked long time ago, and supposedly the Orlando version opened without ticklers, but the water and wind effects were present in the scarab scene. Later down the road, when Hollywood opened, Universal knew that it was a downgrade from Orlando, and the test audiences before opening complained that the ride was too short and anti-climatic compared to Orlando. This caused universal to start a string of minor, somewhat gimmicky upgrades to Hollywood to make the shorter ride pack more of a punch, and the ticklers were one of these upgrades
Interesting. What were some of the other upgrades, if you don’t mind? I was aware the leg-ticklers were a later addition but that’s about all I knew.

Interesting. What were some of the other upgrades, if you don’t mind? I was aware the leg-ticklers were a later addition but that’s about all I knew.
Definitely going to guess the water effect when the scarab beetles eat the man in the first room. You know, the one who gives us the classic “what are you doing, you shouldn’t be here, you’re in over your head” Universal ride warning that characters say before we’re congratulated for saving the world or making it out alive.

Last edited:
It was a while ago when I read this, but I remember hearing that there were pluses to the dark ride sections. I think that they may have added more animatronic arms reaching from the ceiling to make the scene more intense, additional wind effects, and some of the mentioned water effects. The fake fire was included in the original ending as a response to the blasts of real fire in Orlando, but the story gets blurrier when trying to tell if this was an original effect or thrown in after test audiences compared the shortened version to Orlando.

To change topics, it’s widely known that if you hold your head back and look straight up during the final drop you can see some old Komgfrontation track. Last time I was there, the red lights seemed brighter than before in this section, and I saw a ledge way up in the ceiling next to the track. The ledge looked identical to the building roofs you see outside in NY. It looked like it was made of concrete, and it had an angle in it, like it was above two invisible buildings. Is this a kongfrontation leftover? This piece of fake roof looks exactly like the NYC roofs outside. I used to think that this was a continuation of the Egyptian wall to your right, but it looks like the wall ends before getting this high up in the ceiling. I’ll try to find a screenshot from a POV or something