Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It really is odd. Only reason I could think of is they want to see the reception in Hollywood.
I think this is a big reason. They got burned on F&F and want to make sure they have a winner on their hands before giving the green light.
I agree with this being the big reason but not only reason. I'd imagine the budget is tight right now as they move resources over to EU.

But the budget being somewhat tight might actually be a means forward for SLoP. I doubt we'll see any big stuff like entire land overhauls (KZ, LC, Toon Lagoon, JP/JW) until a year or two after EU, placing 'big stuff' in year 24 or beyond. That would make 'little stuff' like SLoP a likely candidate for year 22. (I'm mostly just repeating stuff that we've already discussed.)

Last edited:
Man I hope it’s a good ride and replaces this, I’ve said it so many times that it’s the best option we can get for UOR for 2022, and would add some much needed balance to the park espeically now with Bourne opening, it’d be a smart move for Orlando.

Now, can it be fast tracked for 2022? As someone unaware of how long construction can take on a ride like this, building the sets, the AAs, etc. not sure how realistic it is but from what we know 2022 is currently a dry spell for Orlando. We shall see. Y’all know my hopes are up for this one.

Reactions: belloq87 and RFRees
Man I hope it’s a good ride and replaces this, I’ve said it so many times that it’s the best option we can get for UOR for 2022, and would add some much needed balance to the park espeically now with Bourne opening, it’d be a smart move for Orlando.

Now, can it be fast tracked for 2022? As someone unaware of how long construction can take on a ride like this, building the sets, the AAs, etc. not sure how realistic it is but from what we know 2022 is currently a dry spell for Orlando. We shall see. Y’all know my hopes are up for this one.

They can build it quite fast easily, just a matter of when they plan on opening it.

How long did the construction take for SLoP at USJ, and did they need to demo something first? (Edit: they demoed the Globe Theater, around August 2018.)

How long did the Transformers fast-track construction take in Orlando? (I believe this was around a year, with demo beginning around May 2012 and opening June 2013.)

I'd think these are both under two years, and gives a good precedence. That would place an opening date for SLoP in Orlando at about Summer 22 if they started this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
How long did the construction take for SLoP at USJ, and did they need to demo something first? (Edit: they demoed the Globe Theater, around August 2018.)

How long did the Transformers fast-track construction take in Orlando? (I believe this was around a year, with demo beginning around May 2012 and opening June 2013.)

I'd think these are both under two years, and gives a good precedence. That would place an opening date for SLoP in Orlando at about Summer 22 if they started this year.
Well, let’s hope this ride is a hit. I’d absolutely love for this to be in Orlando at USF.

Reactions: RFRees
Well, let’s hope this ride is a hit. I’d absolutely love for this to be in Orlando at USF.
Agreed.

Personally I'd like Production Way to be rethemed to Illumination Way. The Monsters Cafe could get a retheme to DM, possibly the concept from Beijing.

f01ab91f-a050-4aca-830a-73c1110d727e-jpeg.11691

e1dfc17f-d1ce-4db0-86d8-475e62366344-jpeg.11692

They could also use the outdoor events stage for a Sing On Tour show during morning/afternoon, which could make the 'music' theme of HRRR make a bit more sense. I'm not a huge fan of Sing but at least it would add another show and make use of the stage during the day. (They could also use these same costumes for the parade and meet & greets, I'd imagine.)

Adding another attraction for kids would also give them a bit more leverage for an eventual KidZone demo and rebuild.

8-1.jpg

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Ya illumination way with the minions restaurant is almost too easy here.... I can’t see Monsters Cafe staying open once EU opens.

Reactions: RFRees
I guess they want to see if the ride clicks with the guests and if it sells merch. The sales of plush for the dogs you change in could be astronomical (it's like when you get chosen for the wand spiel but now everyone has the opportunity). If it works I am positive this will go as fast as or faster than Transformers (less than 11 months).

Last edited:
Ironically, while I can see Mummy going once EU opens, I can see Monsters Cafe staying.
USF could use the extra dining option but I can’t help but think it’d be super out of place once EU opens with Frankie’s Village. If SLOP does open here before EU, adds a ride and I could see both monsters cafe and mummy leaving then. We shall see, gonna get my Mummy rides in while I can

Any food service in the Classic Monsters area at Epic Universe will likely be themed to the "world" that land is taking place in. So there almost certainly will not be anything remotely like Monsters Cafe, which (being filled with props, posters, busts, and different themed rooms) would not be thematically appropriate for the village. The Cafe is basically a "meta" restaurant, if that makes sense.