Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does the building need to be themed the same in all directions? What if the walls facing NY, were themed to NY and the walls facing the entrance, were themed to something more suiting?

In terms of limited space and wanting a big attraction, what if Universal 1 up themselves and went for a 3 story attraction?

I can't see that. VTUs are complicated with two stories, let alone three. It would also make for a very repetitive attraction.

Does the building need to be themed the same in all directions? What if the walls facing NY, were themed to NY and the walls facing the entrance, were themed to something more suiting?

In terms of limited space and wanting a big attraction, what if Universal 1 up themselves and went for a 3 story attraction?
They don't need three stories on the Shrek plot. Two will suffice for what's there.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I think it will be a large apartment building that has a slightly cartoonist look. It will never be specified on the outside what city it is in. On the inside it will clearly be NYC because of the cityscape backgrounds and details like logos on manhole covers and what not.

latest

It would be difficult to pull NYC all the way to the front of the park. Sooo, Illumination Land.

Minions, SLoP, SING on the stage and a Character Dining TS in Monsters. And every night the spectacular...

Illumination's: Epic Minion Dance Party!

Duel M&G replaces Transformers military tent extended queue and shares a dressing room with the Character Dining location. This M&G would have 2 sides, Transformers on the Transformers side. And an Illumination side with new characters from upcoming films.

Kitty's not going anywhere.
That's an idea. :thumbsup: ...I like NYC better, but your concept probably has a better shot of being adapted, and it could certainly be an improvement over the present ugliness.

The Shrek plot alone really is not big at all. IDK how they can fit a AA/scenery filled dark ride in a building that would be smaller than the Transformers building.
Might harken back to early Fantasyland dark ride days. Small plot, lots of scenes in small quarters. I'm sure screens can be used as cityscape set extensions.

That old leaked plan sure had a lot of scenes in a small area reminiscent of something like Snow White's Scary Adventure or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

IMAGE REMOVED

Last edited:
I guess I keep forgetting what the deal is with this ride. Everyone keeps calling it elaborate/AA-filled, but it always came off to me as a slightly better Fantasyland ride. If it's the latter, then yea Shrek is probably good

Other than the free-roam roundabout scene in those plans, none of the rooms seem that big. The sewer stuff is long, but technically 3 scenes in one... and none of the rooms are very wide... Not at all like new darkrides like Little Mermaid's Under the Sea scene for example. Instead, they remind me of older dark rides, but with much newer tech... More like Winnie the Pooh's Hunny Hunt (the trackless version we don't have.)

EDIT: Actually, Hunny Hunt is a perfect example of what this ride might end up being like. I can imagine the Tigger bouncing part using screens totally being like something Universal might do.

Other than the free-roam roundabout scene in those plans, none of the rooms seem that big. The sewer stuff is long, but technically 3 scenes in one... and none of the rooms are very wide... Not at all like new darkrides like Little Mermaid's Under the Sea scene for example. Instead, they remind me of older dark rides, but with much newer tech... More like Winnie the Pooh's Hunny Hunt (the trackless version we don't have.)

EDIT: Actually, Hunny Hunt is a perfect example of what this ride might end up being like. I can imagine the Tigger bouncing part using screens totally being like the roundabout part in these plans.

Huh. Well I'm wrong. Just measured the Hunny Hunt building and it's smaller than the Shrek plot.

And that Heffalumps and Woozles scene where all the RVs dance around looks pretty huge too! Impressive.

It's a GREAT ride. The best one in the park and a top 5 Disney ride for me.

EDIT: Here are the comparisons from a potential Shrek plot and the Pooh's Hunny Hunt ride building

Attachments

• Pooh.PNG
    Pooh.PNG
    578.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Shrek.PNG
    Shrek.PNG
    610.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
It's a GREAT ride. The best one in the park and a top 5 Disney ride for me.

EDIT: Here are the comparisons from a potential Shrek plot and the Pooh's Hunny Hunt ride building

Thanks for the comparison. Having never ridden that- does that .75 acres include a gift shop- and is the line/queue pretty long or tiny (similar to WDW).

If it has the shop and a decent queue- the space will be slightly less as those will be on the first floor of SLoP

@AliciaStella That ride looks incredible. The Huffalump scene is impressive as hell.

Thanks for the comparison. Having never ridden that- does that .75 acres include a gift shop- and is the line/queue pretty long or tiny (similar to WDW).

If it has the shop and a decent queue- the space will be slightly less as those will be on the first floor of SLoP

The queue is much bigger than the one in WDW and it does have a shop, but I only included the ride building in that comparison since Pets will have its queue/shop on level 1.

Might harken back to early Fantasland dark ride days. Small plot, lots of scenes in small quarters. I'm sure screens can be used as cityscape set extensions.

That old leaked plan sure had a lot of scenes in a small area reminiscent of something like Snow White's Scary Adventure or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

IMAGE REMOVED
Some small alterations but that's basically it. Yes, the attraction will easily fit in the Shrek plot.

I think it will be a large apartment building that has a slightly cartoonist look. It will never be specified on the outside what city it is in. On the inside it will clearly be NYC because of the cityscape backgrounds and details like logos on manhole covers and what not.

latest

It would be difficult to pull NYC all the way to the front of the park. Sooo, Illumination Land.

Minions, SLoP, SING on the stage and a Character Dining TS in Monsters. And every night the spectacular...

Illumination's: Epic Minion Dance Party!

Duel M&G replaces Transformers military tent extended queue and shares a dressing room with the Character Dining location. This M&G would have 2 sides, Transformers on the Transformers side. And an Illumination side with new characters from upcoming films.

Kitty's not going anywhere.
I'm quoting myself because I've had a better idea. SING isn't a show on the stage. That's lame and I totally forgot about a Production Central ride perfect for a music oriented IP.

Buster's Awesome Playlist Coaster!

I'm quoting myself because I've had a better idea. SING isn't a show on the stage. That's lame and I totally forgot about a Production Central ride perfect for a music oriented IP.

Buster's Awesome Playlist Coaster!
Only if the little screens on the ride show animals singing the song while we ride. :cheers:

IMG_2999.GIF

Reactions: Disneyhead