Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This kind of fits in to this forum but, do you guys think its plausible that Universal could create a new entrance where they force you to talk thru Hollywood as "main street" and then from there you can choose to go thru Central Park or go to New York/Transformers. As in, block access to the pathway between Shrek and Despicable Me, and possibly allow for a new larger area to create a new Despicable Me dark ride?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
This kind of fits in to this forum but, do you guys think its plausible that Universal could create a new entrance where they force you to talk thru Hollywood as "main street" and then from there you can choose to go thru Central Park or go to New York/Transformers. As in, block access to the pathway between Shrek and Despicable Me, and possibly allow for a new larger area to create a new Despicable Me dark ride?
ANything is possible. At some point they will have to do something about that entry way

Alternatively, is it possible to build this back between the existing ride and Blue Man Group? I'm sure space is a problem but it would seem to be a better fit there if they're not moving the entrance. UC is getting pretty vertically creative these days!

I feel like this would be better in the new park.
It sounds to me like they're saving big DreamWorks (and new Illumination) properties for the new park, and looking to keep USF to minions only.

I'd love to see a Fantasyland-style Shrek ride that pokes fun at Disney while doing the classic dark ride thing. But before bringing things like that to a new park, they clearly wanna erase Shrek 4D from existence.

It sounds to me like they're saving big DreamWorks (and new Illumination) properties for the new park, and looking to keep USF to minions only.

I'd love to see a Fantasyland-style Shrek ride that pokes fun at Disney while doing the classic dark ride thing. But before bringing things like that to a new park, they clearly wanna erase Shrek 4D from existence.
I guess, but they should be thinking long term and incorporating the Shrek 4D area into a part of a new entrance experience. Maybe they are and I just don’t see it?

I guess, but they should be thinking long term and incorporating the Shrek 4D area into a part of a new entrance experience. Maybe they are and I just don’t see it?
I don't think the powers-that-be care about the entrance experience as much as we theme park nerds do.

They shoved a coaster track through the wall so you see that ahead when you enter. They repainted Betty Boop store and opened Hello Kitty recently. In their minds, that fixed the entrance area just fine.

And honestly, I think the entrance is fine. Outside the gates looks like the production offices at a movie studio. The first couple rides look like soundtages. The next couple rides are false facades over soundstages. And as you venture deeper into the park the theming becomes more immersive and you start feeling like you're inside the movies. Works for me.

I believe that if they go the Villian-Con route, they would just gut and reuse the Shrek show building. Thus making it quicker and cheaper than a new build.
That's what I figured as well.

Take the tech from proposed SLoP ride. The existing structure. And bam! Quick family ride to tide us over till Nintendo opens in a few years.

I can definitely see Shrek closing next, as soon as F&F opens.