Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember in years past that they have built HHN houses 2-3 feet off the ground in the Disaster queue and even the sound stages so it is possible for them to leave the seats in the theater. I also side with everyone that the attraction is horrible but with every other project taking priority this will probably stick around for a couple more years.

How? I dont know, construction I guess lol. Why? Because that whole place is terribly irrelevant and lame. I dont really understand the question lol. But I've heard something is in the works to have it out of there before the end of the year.
Mybad. Not sure what I'm asking which is why I said how or why.

I guess I should have went with just why lol. I dont think it' lame, but it's not fitting in the theme park setting anymore. Universal cold use a carousel of progress type ride though with all of it's movies and ish.

How? I dont know, construction I guess lol. Why? Because that whole place is terribly irrelevant and lame. I dont really understand the question lol. But I've heard something is in the works to have it out of there before the end of the year.

A Universal Museum would make much more sense...not sure why they don't have that..

Starbucks? Or some kind of restaurant? Would make sense as it has a patio type area that'd be great for outdoor seating

I honestly have no idea of what will replace it, but I think it's too late to do something 25th-related at this point. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that whole exhibit and attached store to be gone before 2016.
Technically, the 25th isn't until June 7th. After that, there's an entire year that could be celebrating 25 years, much like how Disneyland is celebrating 60 for slightly over a year.

I do agree though, they haven't made much of an effort to do anything, so I doubt anything too big is in the works. A new CineSpec would be cool though.

Technically, the 25th isn't until June 7th. After that, there's an entire year that could be celebrating 25 years, much like how Disneyland is celebrating 60 for slightly over a year.

I do agree though, they haven't made much of an effort to do anything, so I doubt anything too big is in the works. A new CineSpec would be cool though.

I always wanted a "park" cinespec...It would celebrate JAWS, Kong, ET, BTTF, and others...but be themed to the park itself

Starbucks? Or some kind of restaurant? Would make sense as it has a patio type area that'd be great for outdoor seating

They already have a Starbucks in the New York area. Honestly though, I'd be down for a nice restaurant with patio seating where you can watch all the park goers. It could be a nice sit down restaurant that isn't overly expensive. The theme could be past Universal movies, which fits the Production Central theme.

I would kill for a Universal version of a Great Movie Ride, especially giving nods to some of the rides we've lost like Jaws and BTTF.

Shrek isn't a bad attraction, it has a ton of clever jokes, cool lighting effects and pretty charming if you really look at it. It just has the "you've done it once you've done it a million times" effect. Whatever happens to it will happen but I don't think it should be number one on the chopping block and I definitely don't think it's the worst uni attraction by any means. I hope something other than a restaurant replaces it

Shrek isn't a bad attraction, it has a ton of clever jokes, cool lighting effects and pretty charming if you really look at it. It just has the "you've done it once you've done it a million times" effect. Whatever happens to it will happen but I don't think it should be number one on the chopping block and I definitely don't think it's the worst uni attraction by any means. I hope something other than a restaurant replaces it

I agree. I love Shrek 4D. I don't visit it anymore because.. you can only watch it so many times. But I wonder if they themed the inside of the theater if this forum would be a lot more forgiving to it.

The preshow is the best part of Shrek. I wonder how it might have worked out as a fully walk-through attraction, perhaps passing through several different rooms and dungeons in the castle on some sort of quest with the characters. Might have been cool.

We only go on it if we feel like it on the way out of the park

We only go on it if we feel like it on the way out of the park

If you think about it, that's the best complement you could possibly give a show like this. We need fun little shows and attractions like shrek around to spice stuff up, replacing it with an E ticket or amping it up is unessisary, just enjoy it for what it is

Last edited:
If you think about it, that's the best complement you could possibly give a show like this. We need fun little shows and attractions like shrek around to spice stuff up, replacing it with an E ticket or amping it up is unessisary, just enjoy it for what it is
How is it unnecessary? I dont think I understand your route of logic. Guide me if you may.

How is it unnecessary? I dont think I understand your route of logic. Guide me if you may.

If a park was just E tickets and headlining attractions it would be chaos. We need 4D movies, small attractions and things like shrek to break it up. Besides this is one of the only things you can take kids on at universal, it's needed

If a park was just E tickets and headlining attractions it would be chaos. We need 4D movies, small attractions and things like shrek to break it up. Besides this is one of the only things you can take kids on at universal, it's needed

I disagree.
There is no such thing as an e ticket attraction for starters. And if something gets replaced for something else that will bring more bodies and $$$ it need's to happen. Regardless of the measure of e f g tickets junk lol.

I agree that shows are needed, but 4D shows are becoming a thing of the past with Hollywood's forcing of 3D and now D-Box theaters on the rise.