Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What you guys are all ignoring is Shrek 4D is easily the worst 3D show in Orlando. The theaters are bland and unthemed, the preshow has no continuity to the main show, and the show itself, while funny, makes little to no narrative sense. It's an attraction built on the cheap and it shows - the franchise deserved better, but since we won't get that, it can't leave soon enough.

I agree it's the worst 4D show but then again that's like saying "this is the worst appetizer out of the bunch" it's not a meal nor was it meant to be. I agree that with new tech coming out, 4D Is a dying art form, whatever replaces it should be something different

I agree it's the worst 4D show but then again that's like saying "this is the worst appetizer out of the bunch" it's not a meal nor was it meant to be. I agree that with new tech coming out, 4D Is a dying art form, whatever replaces it should be something different

No, I'm saying the quality of the attraction itself is crap. It narratively has little value. The Raptor Encounter is a better attraction than this. I think it actively detracts from Universal's lineup.

I think it actively detracts from Universal's lineup.
I definitely disagree with this, to the tourist who goes to universal once a lifetime, shrek is fun. You can't act like the first time you went on it you didn't enjoy it atleast a little bit. Us, the people who have gone tons of times are definitely sick of it, we are a small majority here. Also the IP, creepy meme or not, is great for promos and the park as a whole

I definitely disagree with this, to the tourist who goes to universal once a lifetime, shrek is fun. You can't act like the first time you went on it you didn't enjoy it atleast a little bit. Us, the people who have gone tons of times are definitely sick of it, we are a small majority here. Also the IP, creepy meme or not, is great for promos and the park as a whole

The entire time I was wondering why Lord Farquaad was attracted to Princess Fiona all of a sudden when, at the end of the movie, he wanted to kill her for being ugly.

I was wondering why we went from being "tortured" to watching a random detached 3D movie.

I was wondering why we were suddenly in a bland, unthemed theater.

It's a crap attraction, and it showed when I first saw it in 2004. It's good advertising for the parks since the IP is popular, but it's a bad attraction.

It's good advertising for the parks since the IP is popular, but it's a bad attraction.
Living in the Tampa area and being involved with the theatre community a lot, i've seen many staged versions of "Shrek: The Musical" (which is a great show if you haven't seen it) both here and in Orlando, and almost every time, the cast decided to go to Universal for a day simply because of the Shrek 4D attraction being located within the park.

So tbh, i'm not sure if that's good or bad advertising in that particular case. If you're a fan of the series or big into it at the moment possibly doing something like the musical, you'll be sorely let down by what Universal offers for the franchise.

Shrek isn't the worst 4D attraction in Orlando... that crown goes to Muppetvision.

It's not bad because its corny its bad because its bad. The only good bits are the animatronic waldorf and stadler. The 3d isn't even that good, it's not funny, and the CGI is 25 years old!

It's not bad because its corny its bad because its bad. The only good bits are the animatronic waldorf and stadler. The 3d isn't even that good, it's not funny, and the CGI is 25 years old!
Muppet Vision is not at all bad. It just isn't. If you don't find it funny, then you probably don't enjoy the Jungle Cruise either. It's a very specific type of humor, but it hits the nail right on the head with it. Just because you don't personally like the humor doesn't mean it isn't good.

No, I'm saying the quality of the attraction itself is crap. It narratively has little value. The Raptor Encounter is a better attraction than this. I think it actively detracts from Universal's lineup.

I agree. Plus it is located in such a prime spot. That space deserves better!

Shrek isn't the worst 4D attraction in Orlando... that crown goes to Muppetvision.

2v3na4l.jpg

Yeah I think Shrek has run its course. I remember the first few years it was open I would do it multiple times a trip. Now it's just a once a trip thing. The show itself is fine, but I've really grown to hate the preshow. That's the worst part of it for me. Feels like it takes an eternity. I'm actually dreading it when I go in a few months haha

Sorry Ash but you just permanently discredited yourself here. The Waldo CGI is awful, but Muppetvision has the smartest, funniest script of any 3D show. Plus they used a live actor long befor T2/3D.

Well it's at least better then a 15 minute preview for a movie like the mouse is doing, that has NO attraction value what so ever, but I would love to see it leave.

Removal of MuppetVision might be the only "truly terrible" thing if it happens.

The best way to see Shrek 3D is watching it on Netflix while in line for a better attraction.

You are very, very, very wrong. Muppet*Vision is immensely clever and funny. Muppets are classic, beloved franchise, for one thing, while Shrek has become something of a punchline.

I noticed recently that the big Shrek banners that were terribly faded for the longest time were finally replaced.