Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really loathe Shrek 4D. Does Universal REALLY want this to be the first attraction experience for first timers entering the park? It really is an awful attraction.

It's been a couple of years since I've seen Shrek 4D. The show is enjoyable but it lacks rewatchability. Once you see it a few times you have no desire to go back and watch it again. Shrek 4D is not Dreck :lol:

WOW I can't believe i'm the only one who dislikes Muppetvision but thinks Shrek gets a hard time.

Muppetvision is pretty tedious to watch now, but I would blame that solely on Waldo. Just.. so.. annoying. I would love a new film for Muppets.

Also, I wish Universal would do overlays in the theater around the holidays. I think it'd be smart if they did Scared Shrekless from Sep - Oct and and a little Shrek the Halls for Nov-Dec.

Omg Fallow the shaaaaaade of it all lol.

Yeah, it's pretty much a trite mid 2000s 3D show with outdated effects. The writing was alright, but it's missing a lot thematically. Either Universal gives Shrek a theming update (oh GOD no), or this thing is gone by next year. The former will not be happening.

Trust me, you're not going to miss it. :lol:

Muppetvision is pretty tedious to watch now, but I would blame that solely on Waldo. Just.. so.. annoying. I would love a new film for Muppets.

Also, I wish Universal would do overlays in the theater around the holidays. I think it'd be smart if they did Scared Shrekless from Sep - Oct and and a little Shrek the Halls for Nov-Dec.

Yeah, Waldo is the only bad thing in an otherwise good show.

Muppetvision needs an update to tie in with the new series.

Shrek 4D needs put down.

An "Abbott and Costello meet The Monsters" C Ticket dark ride in the style of a 21st Mr.Toads would be better.

Muppetvision needs an update to tie in with the new series.

Shrek 4D needs put down.

An "Abbott and Costello meet The Monsters" C Ticket dark ride in the style of a 21st Mr.Toads would be better.
I'd rather not update a classic until The new Muppet Show proves it can stay on the air for more than a season or 2. I'm still a bit skeptical this show will even make it all the way through a first season.

Shrek is popular and far from leaving the resort. no matter how much you all think it sucks, it's not going for a while

- - - Updated - - -

3D shows are just repetitive period, 15-25 minutes of the same exact show with no changes whatsoever. Some are just more tolerable overtime I guess lol

Uni desperately needs a family ride like GMR at the front..

Heck they could even switch out movies for promotion and stuff..

Shrek is now in meme land (which ironically may be a fun land if fleshed out)..not a good fit anymore for studios

I think I can agree with most of you in saying that I am not a Shrek fan. Was nice the first few times, but after a while it lost its appeal.

I'd agree with the people who say a Universal version of the Great Movie Ride would be amazing, but I don't think they have the space up front.

I know someone mentioned putting Fallon there, but my guess is they definitely want that in the NY area.

They have space. Take shrek and lucy area and possible even monsters cafe and make a 2 floor attraction.

Something like this. Green is two floors and yellow is just a second floor. That way guests can pass under and you can still have a restaurant underneath where monsters is.
ezl6qd.jpg

Last edited:
Uni desperately needs a family ride like GMR at the front..

Heck they could even switch out movies for promotion and stuff..

Shrek is now in meme land (which ironically may be a fun land if fleshed out)..not a good fit anymore for studios
Shrek is no where big enough for a ride the size of GMR.

I agree that there's room for something, but I just don't think something of the scale of GMR is doable. I'd be thrilled if they could figure it out, but I don't see it.

Someone mentioned a museum, I think that would work. Heck, you could even do an omnimover type deal that goes through the history.

Hm. I wonder if I don't find Shrek 4D to be so bad because I'm actually a Shrek fan. As in I own all the movies, seen the musical a few times, watch the holiday specials.. I still think it's time for a change but some of you seem to be more welcoming of a 4D snuff film than Shrek.

Reactions: Quint